The Summit of Mt. Prospect (6/8/24)

Creating a thread to house all information related to Second City Golf Club’s 2023 Major - The Summit of Mt. Prospect:

Date: Saturday, June 3rd, 2023
Course: Mt. Prospect Golf Club, Mt. Prospect, Illinois
Time: Tee time block starting at approximately 10am, waiting on course to confirm when their permanent tee times end
Cost: $55 walking, $72 riding (paid at course)
Entry fees: $25 paid to Conroy419@gmail.com on PayPal closer to event date for charity donation and side games (event coordinator will send email requesting final payment in the spring)

Guaranteed spots are currently filled for the event but alternates will have the chance to play. If alternates can book their own foursomes close to the event’s tee time block they will be allowed in the event. Tee times MUST be a reasonable time after tee time block. If the last event group is 11:10 a foursomes of alternates at 12:30 will not be admitted. Event coordinator will reach out to alternates closer to date to coordinate.

Format: Net stroke play with closest to the pins on 3 par 3s. NIT spot to low net, spot on 2C Roost team to low net.

Mount Prospect is a great municipal course filled with template holes and some of the wildest greens you will see on a public golf course. This is the third year 2CGC has put on the event and would love to welcome outsiders from different Roosts and new 2C members alike.

If you have any questions please shoot me (@EConroy419) a DM and I’ll be happy to help out. Google Sheet for signup is posted below!

CC: @GremlinGolfer @Privatecollection

5 Likes

I’m on the alternates list, but would gladly fill out a foursome with someone else.

5 Likes

Same here!

3 Likes

I’ll keep you guys updated on when the tee time block is. One of you may need to snipe a tee time at midnight a week before the event!

Gonna tag @djpie and @Tron here to vouch for how great Mt. Prospect is to hopefully bring in some outsiders to the event.

5 Likes

I’d love to be included on any alternate foursomes as well

Love that place. Dying to get back there.

8 Likes

You have to keep you head on a swivel out there or you might die on the course. #fore

4 Likes

3 Likes

Played it probably 5 years ago with DJ and Andy and enjoyed it immensely! Would like to return. That better?

1 Like

Would love to get back up there and play again. @EConroy419 was a fantastic host.

6 Likes

More is always better.

In lieu of platitudes playing in that foursome would be fun on a putt-putt course. MP is a hot topic amongst our roost and I don’t think that’s going away.

1 Like

@EConroy419 was that before or after the renovation? They massacred the routing with the Reno and have some gimmick holes because of it

2 Likes

I found it unique and dynamic, a lot like the Charleston Muni. Far from perfect, but better than 95% of the municipal courses I’ve played since, and far better than what I imagine the previous iteration looked like. I recall that round fondly, and not just because of the company.

7 Likes

There’s a spot for you in our event if you want it!

But what about the 17th hole?

6 Likes

What are you doing on June 3rd?

2 Likes

rickjames

4 Likes

Hopefully spending my 30th birthday in Scotland but still working that out. Backup plan is the summit!

3 Likes

Wish I checked this more often. MP is in my neck of the woods. I’m on the alternate list.

2 Likes