The Showdown in South Florida Part II May 21st 2022 @PGA Golf Club

First Merch update:

Anybody want a players towel??

9 Likes

I want 5

1 Like

Be a shame if I didn’t…

1 Like

If I sneak into the field off the wait list I will definitely be in on those towels :fire:

Definitely opening up some spots over the next few days, should have a proof for the hat will post once I see get it. This hat is soo fresh it’d even make @Fluff blush.

5 Likes

Just got confirmation bumping the list so everyone on the waitlist is officially in!

6 Likes

My wife’s love for all things Disney finally pays dividends for me. Looking forward to launching it with you folk down yonder ways!

2 Likes

Just saw this and got so excited, but I can’t make it this year :frowning:
Have a blast!!!

1 Like

Guis here’s the link for the towel order, just trying to break even on price with shipping towels are $30 each

2 Likes

MERCH UPDATE

each competitor will receive the following hat from our friends at Imperial

14 Likes

Pretty sweet

Should be dropping the official format sometime next week.

But in the meantime, would anyone be interested if I was able to secure a block of rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn just down the road for the night before?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

FORMAT Update!!!

I’m putting my own spin on our favorite money round quota

I’d like to introduce you to my latest creation: SUPERMAX QUOTA!

How it works:
the golf course has four different sets of tees, even more if you include the hybrid tees.

Each player will have the option to declare their tee preference; Medal, Tournament, Standard, or Middle. Each player’s quota is adjusted based on the tee selected since your course handicap changes with each tee, shoutout to the World Handicap System.
Do you try to be like the diner boys of @MerchCzar and @Randy and play the one ups? Or do you prefer to pull the @Soly and try to hang with the big dogs on the tips?

You pick the crime, you do the time!

SELECTION MUST BE MADE by May 20th!

The only thing I ask is that you take your pace into consideration, the required pace maximum is 4 hours and you don’t want any biker gang rolling up behind you.

LET"S GO LAUNCH EM!

16 Likes

Handicap manipulators will have their plea bargains revoked :wink:

3 Likes

Just updated the spreadsheet for tee selection, make sure you fill it out by May 14th!!

Any participants that do not update their preference will default to the Standard Tee

1 Like

Working out the particulars on pricing/favors, planning a site visit this Friday to iron out a few details

Photos will be following…

5 Likes

Full report in developments just a little teaser

4 Likes

First off always gotta represent the crew

Always a good first impression coming down the main drive

Love seeing NLU in the wild, assuring this is a good spot

Also shoutout to my school Methodist University
Place looked dialed and busy

Met with our tournament coordinator, Gary Nelson and we talked about the event, here’s the back patio behind 18 green where lunch and scoring will take place

8 Likes

Had to break this up into two posts
This place is just a giant playground with a huge range

Also some sweet short game areas

Even a pitch and putt course if you need your Palm Beach Par 3 itch scratched from last year

Had to dabble in the cocktail game for research purposes

100% approve
Now onto the bad news, no facility is perfect

And on behalf of every REAL PGA Professional and @Tron

But in all seriousness we got a lot accomplished today and I’m really excited to have y’all out.

15 Likes

Small Update:

Finishing up the proof work on the hats might have them in hand as early as the end of this month, very excited.

Going to be closing the towel order shortly so please place an order on the google doc.

Schedule:
We’re actually going digital with a TV leaderboard at lunch as we sit behind 18th green on the patio, however I will happily volunteer my scoreboard/calligraphy skills to any event in the future.
Replay rounds will be available for anyone wanting a second round and I am pretty sure the Ryder and Dye course will be available as well. I have been instructed to book replays on the day of the event to get the best rate. I hope to have all pairings done one week before the event and if you have any time or pairing requests to please DM me, I will do my best.

It will be here before we know it!

11 Likes