The Showdown in South Florida Part II May 21st 2022 @PGA Golf Club

You run a tight ship, @PGA_ALLTHEWAY. Really looking forward to this one!

11 Likes

Can confirm @PGA_ALLTHEWAY is the :goat:

4 Likes

Have another site visit this Wednesday, will be testing out the format from the tips. I will be answering any questions following my round.

Event cost that covers favor/round/staff gratuity will be roughly $95 per person and I plan to start collecting on 4/21 with payments due by 5/14 to confirm your spot.

ALSO PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TEE PREFERENCE!!!

6 Likes

We out here

10 Likes

Ending up going all the way back, the twosome I got paired with already knew I was a club pro somehow and the first thing they tell me “you must be going all the way back” I seriously felt all of the seventy one hundred yards this morning. Struggled early off the tee ended up falling five short of my quota. Might have to go back to the drawing board in terms of tee selection.
Some great visuals today

The fourth hole played 245 from the tips today almost all carry

Tee box of the day had to number 6

Unfortunately had the biker gang of four member carts pushing us all day and my bloody mary I got at the turn made me really hussle almost the entire back 9. Greens had a light topdress and were lighting fast. Still a great time.

6 Likes

Looks pure out there! Looking forward to the event!

4 Likes

Biggest takeaway, the greens complexes are crazy hard. I spent most of the day finishing on the wrong side of the hole playing defense the entire tims, I also hit a ton of long irons/hybrids into the greens so please make sure to pick your yardage correctly.

3 Likes

I’m mentally prepared to make this is as difficult on myself as humanly possible. As long as they have ice cold domestics I’ll be fine.

5 Likes

There’s nothing shameful about playing one up from the back tees. All the way back is for people who play golf for a living.

6 Likes

Seriously. 7100 is ridiculous. I have a hard enough time with 6500~ if driver is off. I’d be hitting driver, 3w and still have a wedge in on their par 5s from the tips.

1 Like

I just want to make everyone know that your organizer is aware this is the same Saturday as the PGA Championship. The official event will be over with plenty of time to watch, and if any of you are interested in a replay you are all formerly invited to stay at the club house to watch the third round at the clubhouse with yours truly.

Cheers and Craic on!

6 Likes

Just a heads up, I will be closing the signup sheet on the 20th and begin collecting payment on the 21st. Still have a lot of open tee preferences if you have any questions just shoot me a DM.

Let’s get it

2 Likes

Finalized this little beauty this morning

Hopefully @sundaybag won’t end up with a matching set

10 Likes

11 Likes

Just got in an early morning run on the Dye course with @Commish yesterday. The greens are officially firm and fast.

9 Likes

Any hotel recommendations that are close to the course? I would like 1 room in the non smoking section please.

The Hilton Garden in is right down the road, we used to stay there for our PGA classes.

1 Like

Hate that I’ll miss out on this, next man up.

both @OffTheDole and @lpfranks plus one’s are officially in

4 Likes

Booked the Friday night! Not going to lie would love to play this then the next day go to World Woods for the farewell double feature if it works out like that!

1 Like