The Showdown in South Florida-April 17th Palm Beach Par 3 - IT'S A WRAP!

I would be in for this event.

In fact, just spent an hour on the putting green there yesterday with my little guy. He broke his plastic iron hitting range balls in the chipping area.

6 Likes

Palm Beach National has flipped the ā€œc-suiteā€ vibe on its head. The owner is a younger dude who has embraced muni golf and fun. I played there last February, and hereā€™s a summary of the cool vibes:

• each golf cart is given a Bluetooth speaker for the round
  • the driving range has all kinds of targets to hit (including drum barrels racked as beer pong cups)
  • near the range and in clubhouse, music is playing
  • thereā€™s a basketball hoop and a ping-pong table outside between the clubhouse and the range
  • many locals just chill on the patio and hang there ā€“ even if not playing golf
  • at each Par 3, a ranger was posted up giving free shots to anyone who wanted them
  • after the round, the owner gave us multiple buckets of range balls for free because he just wanted us to have fun
12 Likes

Getting everything finalized with the course and the NLU crew, hopefully we can get a signup going by next week.

Stay tunedā€¦

5 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

harvey dent

2 Likes

Also paging my Florida boys who have been absent on this topic. @Hwhite @OffTheDole @JCO
#getinvolved

5 Likes

@2ndGuyStripeShow

3 Likes

@TB3Golf I know its not shirts on the silk road, but youā€™re presence is requested.

2 Likes

Very, very in for this. @Big_RanDeer and I were just talking about this a couple weeks ago and I was planning on setting up an event there. @PGA_ALLTHEWAY Palm Beach Par 3 is less than 10 minutes from my house. If you need any help with planning or anything let me know.

3 Likes

You rangā€¦

1 Like

Couple notes from a lifetime local:

-Palm Beach Par 3 is truly a gem. Hard against the coast, and built on the sand dunes there really isnā€™t anything else like it that I know of. When the wind is up (always) it is absolutely diabolical in all the best ways. (Sidenote: Bennyā€™s on the Beach at the Lake Worth Pier about a mile south of PB3 is a killer spot for lunch/brunch and drinks after playing)

-The Fox Club is great, but it is about an hour away from Palm Beach Par 3. Could be a good choice for the guys who live north and would be heading home Sunday.

-Abacoa Golf Club in Palm Beach Gardens is also an excellent option but is definitely more of a C-Suite vibe than Strapped.

-Atlantic National is also very, very good choice. Course is always in top shape, and is a really great layout. Also very good proximity to PB3, about 10-15 minutes.

7 Likes

Count me in, @PGA_ALLTHEWAY!

3 Likes

Love PBPar3 and concur with @JDinDelray ab NPBCC. Canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

The Fox Club is awesome i live in Lakeworth and this is the course i travel to play too

1 Like

Event name updated, date finalized.
currently right now we have 28 spots reserved in an AM block, hopefully thatā€™s enough
could possibly swing more spots with enough notice.

LETā€™S GO LAUNCH EM!

9 Likes

Siiickk!

1 Like

Probably wouldnā€™t be able to make this event but I used to live in West Palm for 3 years so I played many of these golf courses several times.

-North Palm CC (semi-private): I had a summer membership here one year and the layout is fantastic! Jack Nicklaus lives just down the street and did the course redesign for a dollar I thinkā€¦ hahaha. Some pretty good elevation changes and every hole is different. Greens have a lot of different shelves and sections. The finish is tough and forces you to make decisions on every shot. Great course but a little pricey for public play.

-Palm Beach National: This ownership has everything public golf should be in mind. When I first started playing there it was just a normal public course and I didnā€™t think much of it. After about 6 months I went back and after I payed for the round the pro shop attendant asked if I had IDā€¦I was a little confused but said yes and he said the shot of the day was Captain Morganā€¦so being 23 I obviously took the shot. The course is well bunkered and probably has some of the hardest greens to read in the area. The finish is tight and a little funky but the ownership is amazing and would def be happy to host an event!

Abacoa: great golf course! More of a resort style layout with wide fairways and big greens. When I think of Florida golf I think of Abacoa. Price point is a little higher as well.

Sandhill Crain: Fun public track to play every once in a while. The one thing that stands out about Sandhill Crain is that there are a few funky holes that donā€™t give you many options which is frustrating.

Park Ridge: This is probably the most interesting course in the area. It is built on an old landfill. So it sits on a huge hill! Tons of elevation changes and variety of par 5s and 3s. A few spots have condition challenges but in general I love this golf course for the price and it gives you tons of opportunities to make eagles and birdies but also make some horrible scores.

3 Likes

:switches to watching:

4 Likes

early groundwork with the wife looks ā€¦ promising maybe I should try golf south of Palatka (thats as far south as Iā€™ve driven for golf)

4 Likes

Also spouses are encouraged to attend.

1 Like