The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

i think mine might as well…

trying to pinpoint my favorite part but it is too difficult though this might be it

1 Like

May be my favourite part…very non-confrontational Irish

4 Likes

Of course, should we need to change it down the line we can always do some Amendments, the 2nd of which shall enshrine the members right to bare arms. As in, play in a muscle top with bare arms.

Heaven forbid!

I love the Sepp Blatter-Clause, always good to try and prevent/curtail systematic corruption.

This is a riot.

Just take my money already!!!

1 Like

West Coast checking in. Amazed there are so few out this way!

3 Likes

Please explain to us when/how you try and explain this to her and how it goes…

1 Like

Man came in way to late on this. Can’t read all 150 comments.

What are we buying? How’s it different then roll call on the refuge but for US regions?

I am trying to figure out a way to keep this from her, which isn’t wise and not my normal course of action. Mid-week chapter gatherings will make this much more palatable. Weekends is where the pushback occurs. "You’re doing what? With people from the internet? As she lugs around a 2.5 year old and 4 month old.

There has to be a less golf-nerdy way of articulating this. Dress it up as networking somehow.

Society meeting of the minds on how to best accomplish this…?

5 Likes

I will say, I have found some success in the past just embracing the full golf nerdy-ness and explaining that I am, say, driving 6 hours to stay in a small town in Tennessee and play golf at a 9-hole course with a bunch of strangers from the internet… Maybe she feels bad for me?? Ends up kinda rolling her eyes and saying, “go have fun” (at least for now).

However…there is the possibility that trying to explain that I have joined a full-on British-style golfing society with members around the globe that met on a the forum site of a golf podcast will be a step too far…?

2 Likes

You’re on your own there buddy!

Better than meeting girls from a Russian-style sex dating website. Just sayin’.

1 Like

I love it.

I’ve got apparel from a golf club that doesn’t exist, a national membership to some guy’s backyard and now this

23 Likes

I think Roll Call is just a “Hey, I’m over here” wave into the ether. This is, or at least could be, a more proactive way of people who interact regularly on here getting to play together in a structured and formal way.

Plus, societies are fun.

And if it goes right you wont really be buying anything. I’m thinking $20 a year for the Society membership. Then just pay to play. And only $20 as opposed to free because you have to pay for some expenses. For example registering with the England Golf Union costs £45 a year. But being registered gets you very cheap deals on green fees.

I so want to play his back yard next year. I’m all in on that!

We should organise a RACDG match there and all wear Buck Club gear…

1 Like

Just wait. How many heads would be blown if we could have on-site merch embroidery at BCN for the first international RACDG event.

7 Likes

May be a tad late but reporting in from Texas here.

You’re never late Tiger. The party hasn’t started til you get here. :slight_smile:

This brought a tear to my eye…Your Grace. When and where is the first match and what’s the net stableford record there?

1 Like

I’m a little surprised there aren’t more West Coast peeps, but there are a couple from LA and one Bay Area already in I think. Plus I’m sure Laz would get involved. That’s 4! And I’m always in LA so I could have a second home in that Chapter.

2 Likes