The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Absolutely a better idea. I just thought it was a quick way to get to know people close by

1 Like

I’m thinking we start with wide chapters

“New England” - basically Boston and all the places with lots of leaves

NYC Metro

DC/Virginia/Maryland

3 Likes

i was just thinking about this how the lines especially blur for a lot of us where does Mid Atlantic end and North East begin and what about those who are up in Mass, Vermont, and Maine who are more North and East than what we currently have it classified as would i guess they they would be New England.

Everyone could chime in on what metro regions they would like to affiliate with to keep it wide and let people self affiliate with what works best.
New England, NYC/Philly Metro Area, DMV etc

2 Likes

Ignoring non-Americans in the poll is, in fact, a very American thing to do.

8 Likes

We can make the Acela corridor a super chapter

2 Likes

Sounds tremendous, and I am in. As one of the only Western New Yorkers on here, from Buffalo, NY, I think that we could likely be grouped into a Great Lakes region, with Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Detroit, or perhaps part of a Southern Ontario chapter in Canada.

3 Likes

I know we already have the poll going, and I don’t want to confuse things more, but I created a google map that we can all edit. People can add a pin on their location which might help us get an idea of where logical chapters might be, especially as more people join. It also includes all non-Americans… Just a thought.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xrl_4BBWTGUBRYAEmhBOqQPM9xP6Ddhq&usp=sharing

4 Likes

I was considering putting Continental Europe and GB&I under a label “Super Far East” and Aus/NZ as “East of East” but decided that would just be mean. Amends are being made as we speak!

Update: I cannot make adjustments to the poll after 5 minutes of its inception. Should I build a new poll for GB&I, Continental Europe, Australia/NZ, etc.?

1 Like

There’s an inordinate amount of debate as to what region Oklahoma is in which I won’t get into here; that said, I’ve self selected Midwest (West) and South.

This is brilliant. I advise everyone to cut their cups and place their pins

I (think) i added my pin to the map

1 Like

Minneapolis, MN but will most likely be Chicago by the time the snow melts. Midwest either way.

Gentlemen, behold the birth of the RACDG Twitter account…

Find @CertusEt

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in.

Detroit, MI

In. Chicago.

1 Like

Loving the handle too @4ParsAtLahinch

So, we have @Craigstands now running point on the NE chapter. If you’re in that area DM him and he can start to pull it together. I’ll let you decided the delineation of chapter boundaries, but if you split NE can someone step up to co-ordinate the splinter groups. Thnx.

Any other takers for someone to co-ordinate other chapters until we get going?

2 Likes

I’m in, North London and Scotland.

2 Likes

Between this and BCN, it’s like we have a NLU grassroots fan Expanded Universe

4 Likes

I’ll get started on the fan fiction…

1 Like