The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

That may be what we end up with in SE is two groups. The hotel and golf event lady won’t even talk to me unless I’ve crested 16 participants.

Midwest update:

Looking at July 13th for our Shut and mandatory attending of the 5th major the John Deere Classic on the 14th!

All are welcome

4 Likes

Daaaamn. No love from the event staff! Not terribly surprising though, especially if you guys are trying to do it at decent to nice locale. I figured it’d be a more informal thing of blocking out two or three tee times and shooting a heads up to the bar staff that we plan to get rowdy. Keep us updated!

What I really want to see is a member from one club visit another meet up. Do like a ‘passing of the ceremonial gift’ - which might be a nice local token, or just a bottle of crappy wine with a smirk while you immediately start talking shit and try to wipe the floor with the visiting club.

1 Like

I’m trying like hell to convince my bride that St. Louis and the John Deere is ideal for the weekend before her birthday.

1 Like

Im all in on this. I’d love to get over to a few of the events this year. We’ll see…

And I’m thinking next summer for a Smug Bastard shoot out for all the Champion Golfers at my gaff in Idaho. We’ll see…

1 Like

This bothers me to no end… do you not want ppl to come to your club…

This happened to me a my own course once, I had a group of 8 directors/executives coming into town, and while I couldn’t attend due to a CPD nonrefundable outing, I just wanted to make sure they are set up properly and could have back to back tee times (on a Thursday afternoon none the less), rental clubs and carts ready, etc. Referred to the event lady and she said to few players… no exceptions. Walked in fairly disgusted to the main office 2 days later, right past her to the GM, 30 sec chat and it was set up. Not hard, booked the times for me, put a note in the file and I’ll was set up and even gave them member guest rates.

Glad it worked out, as I would have looked like a low-level smuck (which I was/am) but I find customer service is somehow so hard, when it isn’t. Have a “i’ll do anything within reason for your business” attitude and people come back.

Apologies your grace, end rant

4 Likes

Oh, not at all. I love a good rant!

I excel at the art of chewing people’s ass out, if you want/need some backup to remind this imbecile who keeps these FL courses running when it is 5th level of hell hot in the summer here and to show us locals some respect I’ll be glad to jump in.

Also, and I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner, I can reach out to my buddy and see what courses/deals he can set us up with. He’s the head pro at Pointe West in Vero and I’ve traveled all over the state playing courses with him, many that I had no business being on; i.e. Johns Island West.

3 Likes

Using our connected network to find ways on to nice courses… this is the air that I breathe!

1 Like

That is much appreciated. But I think we fight this with numbers I can come in with - not just us, but the other chapters. We reach 16 golfers, this departmental shit goes away.

I’ve got a week at a Marriott property nearby, so I’m going to hang around after the Shut and hit some other courses and themeparks.

I need to get a head count of people that are planning to play in the Shut SE (all other things being equal). This includes folks from other chapters who’d like to partake in Sunny Florida.

In

Details, would be interested but date dependent

6-1/2 at Grand Cypress.

In!

Dang, honestly considered flying out as I have some credit card points at the moment but I already know I have to work that weekend. Looking forward to updates!

Moving to Orlando in the next few weeks so I am definitely in for this.

2 Likes

So, the RACDG SE section currently has 7 golfers for our Shut on the weekend of June 1-2. We’re trying to get up to 12 (or 16!). We’re going to be playing Grand Cypress in Orlando. Post up here or DM me for details. All Refugees are welcome to join us.

4 Likes

When you get settled in, DM me and I’ll get you on the email thread.

GB&I has our first meeting this coming weekend. Pics to come… :slight_smile:

1 Like