The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Sensational, this is exciting! Sounds good, and very much appreciate the offer of clubs. I was considering bringing mine as we’re going over to Virginia after CA and will be playing with a mate but figured I just can’t be bothered. I’m a righty, a rarity judging by the Roast thread… the clubs will be flash TaylorMade irons, Vokey wedges, Scotty putter like I’m led to believe is the norm, right? :wink:

Not even sure whereabouts we’re staying at the moment so will stay in touch. Where do you normally play? Members or Muni? I may have to hit you guys up for some advice on stupid stuff such as dress standards and the like, it’s VERY relaxed at most courses here and don’t want to rock up & embarrass you fellas with my cork hat, etc.

2nd meeting of the PNW Chapter of the RACDG over the weekend; 36 holes at White Horse GC. From left to right; myself, @jjgilham, and his friend Greg.

Had a blast playing a fun 1v2 alternating dot game and did pretty well on the first 18. Shoutout to Greg as on the 36th hole I decided I didn’t want to take any balls home with me and pumped them all into the water. Greg net birdied like a pro and swung me a ton of dots (which helped me get out of a hole I had dug myself earlier in the round). I also want to apologize publicly to anyone who witnessed my putting performance, I don’t think I have the words to accurately describe that train wreck.

cc: your grace, @The_Cad_Says

3 Likes

It makes my heart swell with pride. Even if you can’t putt for shit. :smiley:

1 Like

@Brick, I’ve had a bit of a bender this weekend and got into three different new bottles.

Antipodes- At $6.00 per bottle I was promised nirvana from New Zealand. It completely failed to deliver.

Hildon- $4.50 a bottle. “Exceptional taste” the bottle says, but I was less than thrilled. It’s definitely no Gerrolsteiner. Once again the English are outdone by the Germans. (sorry @The_Cad_Says)

KOPU- (price unknown) I walked into the kitchen to find my daughter enjoying a passion fruit/mango cocktail (with a reusable steel straw, of course.) I was like “hey, where’d you get that can?” and she said she made her mom buy it at the store. Well…Sorry New Zealand, but KOPU also sucks.

The rankings remain the same. Gerrolsteiner still King.

Let me also say the PWN chapter is qickly becoming the best chapter of the RACDG. Way to go @davidc and @jjgilham

4 Likes

Love this. You’re a true mensch for doing the boots on the ground investigative work for your fellow bubble bros.

1 Like

You don’t have to apologise @Lazstradamus Hildon is a staple at every two bit conference hotel in the UK and it’s utterly rubbish. It’s basically tap water with over sized bubbles in it. Everyone knows the Royal Family have terrible taste.

Agree about the PNW chapter though. Solid.

1 Like

We talked about it after the round, I thought about it as I went to bed, and I’ve been considering it over the last two days; I can’t explain my putting on what were some of the best looking greens I’ve played in ages :sob:

Yo, @Lazstradamus, that Kopu cocktail looks delightful; she is def a connoisseur . We had a great day out here in Seattle yesterday and I was out at some of our farmers markets. I had a fresh seltzer cocktail actually and with the sun it was a perfect combo. Think you would’ve been feeling the environment as well.

I will look up your chapter if I ever have to go to Seattle again.

They sell booze at your farmer’s market? That’s brilliant. Yesterday’s farmer’s market was a heart breaker for me. the cherimoya guy ran out just before we got there and my daughter started to cry a little. Can’t have it all, I told her.

Putting is one of those things. Sometimes you’re on. Sometimes you’re off. Don’t sweat it too much.

Hit us up! And yeah a few of them have little gardens, this one just happened to be near a few bars with outside seating so I popped in to see what they were working with. Haven’t had cherimoya myself but have definitely not had it all at some points or another, so I’m prayin for you guys next weekend.

Pretty much. I realized I was putting nice rolls on it and starting it on my line, especially the second round, but was consistently expecting them to be faster because of how nice it was out. This felt like the first real round out this year tho, so I’m still feeling good.

1 Like

@davidc

Excuse me your grace, but I disrespectfully (of course only because we are dishonourable) disagree. Time to go full nuclear. I recommend you demo a putter in the opposite hand for your next round or 2. It works like a mental miss and you will totally appreciate putting again.

I did this a few years ago and was almost dizzy playing from the wrong side of the ball (and I even play hockey that way, I played a lot of hockey growing up too), my putting instantly felt easier from the correct natural side of the ball when switched back.

1 Like

I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear that you play some hockey in Alberta, Canada.

1 Like

I didn’t know my whereabouts were that well known

(although I do say where I am from in a lot of posts, gotta stop that)

I’m sure we’re on the cusp of multi-factor authentication here in RACDG, but yeah, Google Docs.

@davidc Thanks for organizing this meeting. Your first round was a great show of ball-striking. I’ve never seen anyone hit the ball better… and use 39 (no kidding) putts, although I am in no position to talk about anyone’s game after that debacle. Suffice it to say that I was digging into my phone to PayPal David a settlement after the 1st round despite his excessive use of the flat stick. Well played!

1 Like

I’ve never wanted to be part of a group more

2 Likes

Never a bad time to go full nuclear, really. I’ve been talking myself out of a new putter for like 2 years, maybe this is when I finally break :tipping_hand_woman: Might try that lefty swap tho, at least roll some with the back of my current gamer. See what breaks loose.

Happy to, excited to get back out there soon!

1 Like

I’m getting pretty excited about the pending season. The GB&I chapter have a two day meet booked in less than a month, SE has the Shut lined up, the NE chapter has a meet arranged, the Mid Atlantic is looking at venues, the Mid West guy’s are cracking on and the SE & PNW peeps are forging ahead.

It’s been a pipe dream since November but now it’s actually happening!

1 Like

Southwest is in the process of getting another outing booked for 3/30. Looks like it will be 6 or 7 strong.

2 Likes

Love it. Excited to see any pictures or video that come out of any Shuts. Think that will be weirdly high stakes and a ton of fun. I would love to get one set up for the PNW but we are working on our grass roots drum up right now - don’t think you can consider it a Shut without maybe 6 or 8 folks, like two solid groups.

1 Like