The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

I’ve not played either of those as yet, but they’re on the list. Have a couple of mates who are either current or former members at Seaview but you can get on there on a Sunday as a regular Joe I believe.

Just found out i’m heading to the States in May with the wife and might be able to sneak in a round or two. Will have to hit up the Los Angeles/CA and VA/Atlantic chapters just incase :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got these from my wife as a gift.

Should these be added to the merch tent? Or should I have them made as trophies for the Champion Golfers of the Year / Big Kahunas so you have to earn one?

17 Likes

Merch, definitely. I’d gladly pay for one with my refuge handle on the back.

5 Likes

They’re from a company called Sawyer in the U.K. I was thinking of telling him people might contact him wanting the RACDG one with their own names flipside.

I could do it myself, for a mark up, obviously. But I can’t be arsed. :joy:

Very similar, a company in the states called “Liberty Ball Markers”. They look almost identical and I’ve bought a ton of markers from them, they’re top notch…if anyone was wanting to get their own made!

2 Likes

@The_Cad_Says, first off, I’ve been listening to Van Morrisson on this rainy morning. It’s the only thing drowning out the hyper-competitive gymnastics parents this morning. Thank you, Your Grace.

Question: should there be a period after the G?

FINALLY- probably the funniest thing I did this week…I was talking to a dad at my kid’s school. He’s a member of a super exclusive club in LA. I told him I was a “member of the Royal and Ancient Company” half-joking. An hour later a mutual friend called and asked my if I could guarantee his brother a tee time at St Andrews since “I just found out you were a member…”

6 Likes

:joy:

Imagine when one day he actually knows what you mean but you still get calls asking if you can get them in. We are the exclusive club of the future. I’ll have to limit membership soon to keep it snooty. Maybe I’ll issue membership numbers so @GRWhitehead can try to buy his way to the top… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As an aside, I don’t think being a member of the R&A does give you access to TOC, save for their assigned slots every week and club comps in September, which you can’t invite guests to.

I guess there should be a period after the G but it looks much prettier without one.

1 Like

lol - as long as it’s single digit, and prime, I’m game.

:star_struck:

1 Like

@The_Cad_Says we are going to host the first PNW meet up on the 16th at White Horse. Would be awesome for more to join.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic news. Wish I could be there.

Looks like we have a twosome of RACDG going tomorrow in Long Beach. Need one more if anyone is feeling it.

2 Likes

I think long ago we opted for no period after the G, because, well, we’re dishonorable

2 Likes

Some :fire: fire :fire: going on in here. Pumped for this PNW meetup. Give us an update on the results tomorrow, Laz!

** edit - give me the no period, dig the symmetry and lack of respect for all things grammar

1 Like

Justin and I currently even thru 4 vs two non RACDG guys.

5 Likes

For the honour of the RACDG, give 'em hell!

“We should’ve known better than to play guys in a club with dishonorable in the title.”

5 Likes

If you are interested in participating in the Shut for US Southeast Chapter, pm or whatsapp me your email address, I have some questions to ask you.

@Lazstradamus and any other SoCal/LA members - I’ll be in LA and potentially up for a round on May 3rd if anyone is free? Won’t have clubs so will need to hire, and will need to confirm dates with the wife (she’s shooting a wedding) but should be able to Uber to a course somewhere if you blokes don’t mind entertaining an Aussie with a wipey fade & a very much work-in-progress tee-shot routine?!

1 Like

We’ve pinned down our Shut in US SE: 6/1-2, 36 hole event at Grand Cypress, Orlando - looking into playing 18 on the New Course and 18 on 2 of the original 3 nines. Arrive Friday night.

Mark your calendars.

3 Likes

Would love to play. I’m sure we can get a group from the RACDG. Have a set you can use assuming you’re right handed. DM me when you firm up plans @MG82. Looking forward to it.

3 Likes