The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

As a recovered alcoholic 15 years sober, I know abut about sparkling water. And I 100% concur. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s wild @The_Cad_Says would have even more great stories…if he could remember them all.

1 Like

Dude, there’s a reason I had to stop drinking 15 years ago! And it wasn’t because I’d had enough of the occasional civilised ale.

I used to own a bar and two restaurants in France. I once went across the road to have one drink with some friends and woke up 400 miles away in Andorra. I was asleep in a fountain.

21 Likes

Sounds like pumping the brakes was a good call lol… my mother and two favorite aunts (don’t tell the others) have been sober for 20+ years, and my grandfather is drinking himself to death as we speak. My dad and brother are problematic drinkers, as well, and I’ve got that insistent little part of the brain that eggs me on for just one more. It hasn’t been a problem (yet), but I can hear it. You’re an inspiration, good sir. Congrats.

4 Likes

@2down and @Brick who is covering the cost of the hotel room?

Oh, that’s @IlliniGolferHack… He’s the one that crashed there!

Staying “on property” is a very Ivy League move.

Ring…Ring…Ring…
“Hello, Yale Club, New York City. May I help you?”
“Yes, this is @IlliniGolferHack. I’m going to be in town on business for a few days and I need to arrange some quarters. I wondered if you might reciprocate with the Brown Club?..Hello? Hello?”

This is probably my best post ever.

9 Likes

We do this no-host style at Grand Cypress in May. I’ma make some calls.

1 Like

Can’t wait. I’m in!

Let me know if you need any assistance.

How do you feel about SodaStream?

Good on ya, your grace! Congrats on 15 years!

2 Likes

Since you’re obviously not Ivy, I’ll let you in on the way of Ivy clubs in NYC.

Harvard Club- all old guys. No fun.

Yale Club- hot young grads working in consulting, can be found stiff drink in hand after 8pm before taking the train back to daddy’s house in Greenwich. Caveat- my ex gf hangs out there so I will avoid at all costs

Brown Club- no such thing, we reciprocal with the Cornell Club, which none of us Brown grads step foot in because, well, it’s Cornell and they’re a public school for all intents and purposes

The real fun can be had at the NY Yacht Club. Sailors love themselves some rum…

5 Likes

Let me know next time you’re in town and I’ll get you a guest pass.

1 Like

It’s Cornell! AND ITS THE HIGHEST RANK IN THE IVY LEAGUE!!

2 Likes

Touche hahaha
That’s Big Red… Thats the Big Red Bear!!!

2 Likes

3 oz pour. LMAO HOLY GOD YOU GUYS HAD TO BE ABSOLUTELY SNOCKERED

NY Yacht Club in Newport is the tits.

2 Likes

never fails…

What can I say. I’ve lived a life. Still only half way through too…

1 Like

Newport in general is the tits

2 Likes