The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Get you with your two home status! Fancy.

Seriously though, would you rather be in the NE chapter or the Atlantic chapter (Virginia & the Carolinas). Admittedly you’d be the first person in the Atlantic chapter so far, but you could be a trailblazer.

Or you could be in both!

1 Like

“Extentus et Angulus”

The society motto.

If anyone knows how to say width & angles better in Latin feel free to correct.

1 Like

I’m in.

Belfast, Northern Ireland.

And happy to offer services as Society ‘Chaplain’ if ever needed!

1 Like

Just what we need. An Ulsterman in charge of religion… :flushed::joy:

12 Likes

@icarito we would be happy to have you in the NE chapter. If you decide to go solo in the Atlantic chapter you better start planning a Pinehurst meetup for all of us :joy:

1 Like

This sounds awesome!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

2 Likes

I’m in for the UK / Scotland.

Are there any society clothing affiliations? Like Augusta’s green jackets, the R&ACDG members can be identified via…

bucket hats?

do we have signature drinks?

getting way out in front of this and maybe the answer to all these types of questions is no, and who cares.

2 Likes

First Continental Europe member!

Btw I have a golf buddy just moved to Amsterdam. I’m planning to go see him in the spring and check out the local golf. Maybe you could show us around…

1 Like

Just give me a heads up when your coming, I’d be more than happy to!

1 Like

Sad, sad latin scholar here (@icarito is as well from his high school days)
If I am correct the best direct translation would be as follows:
“Latitudo et angulatus”

No exact word for “angles” per se but this directly translated means “width and with angles” and was about as close as I could get. I need to take a shower after writing on a golf forum in latin and saying per se please excuse me

Or “latus et angulosus” means “wide and having angles” and has a bit more flow to it

3 Likes

That’s some great stuff right there!

What about “firm and fast”??

“Firmus et celer”

Or we could take some poetic license use the word certus which means firm in the sense that something is fixed, settled, or certain and create “certus et celer” which just sounds phenomenal

Anybody with some graphic design skill and time to kill have an idea for a logo?

3 Likes

This is delightful, i’m in. Washington D.C

1 Like

Definitely in - I’m in Chicago.

2 Likes

Thinking about the actual R&A. Isn’t it amusing that they are Royal & “Ancient”? Perhaps now, but when first coined, ancient wouldn’t exactly be accurate.

Makes our Common & New company just as fun to tag Royal & Ancient…and certainly Dishonourable.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m just a college kid, not like I actually own homes in each. I guess I’ll leave my options open for now as the NE chapter looks very promising, but given that I spend about 9 months of the year in NC, Atlantic may be more practical.

1 Like

All in. Bismarck, North Dakota.

1 Like

Love the idea. Atlanta.

1 Like

Interested in this. Houston, Texas

1 Like