The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Same, if i had scripted this response it would have been with 99% accuracy.

2 Likes

Local news here has drawn such a fine line on not taking a side with their reporting. But, as any post pop news cycle behaves, it is lost in the archives by now. We gotta talk about the river flooding!!!

So I have two options here. Either concede that you are right (which of course you are) or give my relatively hot take that, culturally speaking, Cincinnati belongs in Northern Kentucky and they can have it. Still deciding.

Having the whole “Cincinnati is not Ohio” conversation with a guy in my office right now. Suddenly feels more like Kentucky, tbh. Guess I learn something every day.

Is this analogous to the “pensacola is alabama” situation?

Going back to the member that hosted you guys. Couldn’t he have reached out a few days before to let you guys know what to expect and to make it clear how things would work?

2 Likes

Ok, I’m jumping in here… Sorry to break up the entertaining convo but I’m from Cincy (Hamilton technically) and it’s definitely Ohio–sorry @Brick . More pressing matters are at hand though–I’m going to be in Tampa this weekend, trying my absolute best to get on at Old Memorial or someplace of the like. I was told this is the thread to check out right now. Please help!

Side note–I put my name in the Google sheet but idk what else I need to do to be considered a member. Again, please help!

3 Likes

If it’s true, it is.

Hit up @2down and @A.K.Search_Party to play, you’ll thank me later

3 Likes

I hung out after the round with a member at OM who said he’d bring me out anytime. I’m not sure if he was coherent to remember that haha but I have his instragram! PM me if you get desperate and I’ll get it to you.

1 Like

lol I know I know… I like the good beer and it’s a good sports town. I just also like trolling Cinci folk. I went to UD and had to deal with Bengals fans for four years during the heart of Browns mediocrity.

As for Old Mo, I can tell you that the member probably won’t offer to host without you being on Thousand Greens or The Outpost. He certainly has a way about him, and I would guess that way would require one of those.

Also, this weekend is a little last minute anyway, but if you have a club you can share on TG, get signed up ASAP and send him a request. There’s definitely a chance to get on that way.

Other than that, I’d say go with Streamsong, or go north of town to World Woods or Black Diamond Ranch.

1 Like

Great play, friending up another member!

I’m officially desperate. However, I’m not on social media. Thanks for the offer though!

You are now. Google indexes this whole thread.

2 Likes

You put your name on the Google sheet? Then you’re in. Unless we have circumstantial evidence you’re an asshat. In which case you’ll be made to stand in the corner for an indeterminate time.

1 Like

Alright it is time to watch @IlliniGolferHack play some golf. Sorry for the subpar production but I hope you enjoy. https://youtu.be/X--lUYUlWtM

Isleworth Golf and Country Club

1 Like

This is great. Who is who?

James out there ballin’ btw.

Wait, this:

and, this:

are the same person - James/Jimmy, @IlliniGolferHack??

PS - love your swing.

1 Like

Let’s just say the extra 50 pounds over the last year has benefitted my golf game

Unfortunately.
A live in girlfriend who can cook does not do wonders for the waistline…

1 Like