The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Did the Dora brothers fall out too?! :joy:

I can’t open google docs due to our firewall. In

Stillwater, MN

“only a claret” - spoken like an Englishman

1 Like

Short of reading through 3,560,340 post, can someone give me an idea of what this beast has become?
Like am I going to end up spending $50 for a $20 visor? Dues? Matches? Do I get to play in that dude’s backyard?

2 Likes

@Lazstradamus Here’s the constitution. Welcome aboard.

I’ll leave it the godfather @The_Cad_Says for a formal introduction.

Are we doing full crossover to SGB, or are we keeping clear lines of delineation?

1 Like

Thank you, but I should note that there is nothing formal about @The_Cad_Says

3 Likes

“Win or lose, we still booze.” Official Midwest-East vs Midwest-West match motto.

For the record, Midwest-West will not lose.

6 Likes

@Lazstradamus is still smarting from the Ryder Cup loss. He went to ground for two months after that to avoid my splendidly abusive gloating. :smirk:

The RACDG is basically a golf society for equally addled golf nuts, arranged in groups or chapters that are loosely geographical. We’ve got lots in the US, one in Europe and building towards one in Australia. When you’re a member of one chapter you’re a member of them all and each chapter will arrange 1/2 group meetings at a fun course a year. There’s no obligation to go to any of them but such absences shall be noted in The Big Book.

It’ll cost $20 a year once a chapter gets up and running with about 13-15 members (which CA hasn’t got yet). There may be optional merch but if that requires me to get off my arse and organise it that may take a while…

Each chapter has an elected Captain but in the spirit of Californian independence it was decided they wouldn’t bother and just arrange things amongst themselves.

1 Like

Not sure if we have any formal SGB crossover but I think we all know there’s a certain type of person who loves the BCN process and they’re pretty much exactly the same people who will end of members of RACGB!

I’ll all in on a RACDG meetup at BCN as well…! Watch this space.

Yeah I’m all over this. Midwest west native, Midwest east resident & member. Conflict is huge, especially if it’s hosted in KC, which I doubt outside BCN.

Talking like this is a GD tour schedule…ha…

3 Likes

Maybe we’ll end up with a set of ‘gentlemen players’ of independent means who just travel round competing at all the RACDG meetings, like a secret global tour for trust fund kids.

[Note to self - must buy book about separating trust fund kids from their considerable stack of cash)

For the stupid Brits (like myself), can you explain the acronyms?? BCN, SGB, GD etc, etc

Well, there’s some guy in the middle of nowhere making an overly ambitious but wonderful pitch and putt in his backyard. So, Some Guys Backyard. SGB.

The course is in Brough Creek and has been named Brough Creek National. BCN.

Zak Blair (ZB) is hoping to build a course near his home in Utah called The Buck Club. TBC.

Too much golf can result in a nasty affliction called Golf Dick. GD. The only known cure are Round And Clean Dick Grinders. RACDG.

I’m not The Messiah. TM. I’m a Very Naughty Boy. VNB.

• Note: Some of these may be utter bollocks.
6 Likes

I could’ve sworn RACDG involved the terms “rousing”, “comprehensive”, and “gobble”…

2 Likes

Show of hands who wants to see @The_Cad_Says, sorry… ahem, your grace… make it to each chapters opening event

If he introduces me to his friends then I’ll pay for his ticket

1 Like

:raising_hand_man: :face_with_monocle:

Deal!

But you should know I only fly private. I insist on female pilots. The stewards / stewardesses must all be under 4’ 7". And I only disembark the aircraft if the airfield’s designation starts with an S.

Anything for your grace.

1 Like

admirable requests here. to clarify are we discussing the airport code or name that needs to start with S?

1 Like

The Walrus, asking the tough questions … (yes, I just gave you a new nickname based on your last name being the same as Stadlers first name)

2 Likes