The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

I’m conscious that I haven’t been chatting too much on here the last week. So I thought I’d give you all an update before you think I don’t like you.

We’ve over a hundred members now with 8 active chapters and Interim Captains in place who are reaching out, consolidating their membership. Every one of the chapters are already looking at dates and venues for a schedule of golf and meets.

On top of that, it seems we’ve started a little community with members from one area inviting members from another to play socially, which I’ve always wanted. If this works the way I envisioned it the RACDG will give all of us a network of playing partners and good golf around the world.

The Captains have been discussing a bunch of things, including a potential global society wide Ryder Cup match on the Thursday and Friday of the actual 2020 Whistling Straits Ryder Cup at nearby Sand Valley. We’ll then all go together to watch the RC singles on Sunday. How fun will that be!

We’ve also been working on logos and I’m hoping to get on the merch trail asap. A few RACDG bucket hats would look good I think.

Behind the scenes everyone is busy setting this society up and figuring out what it is and what it could be. It’s a strong start and we all have big plans so sit back, relax and wait to see what happens.

Certus Et Celer

6 Likes

To read this as a closing salvo made “it move”

4 Likes

I’m very interested in joining. fellow Brit from NE Scotland. Now living in Dayton OH.

1 Like

More importantly, Alan, is the phone number of the girl in your profile pic. If you could DM it to me, there’s a good chap. :smirk:

1 Like

Triple Figures. That my friend is a beautiful, beautiful thing. Some RACDG merch would do us nicely for our respective comps in the coming months!

1 Like

I’m gonna try to figure out some society logo stuff and then some bits and bobs each chapter can personalise. No idea how, but we’ll get there…!

Dibs on outfitting the sheep with sunglasses for US Southeast!

1 Like

I’ve added myself, Scotsman from Aberdeen area living in Sydney. Would be great to get an Australian leg set up and maybe even get a game with the GB&I crowd when home!

If we are indeed calling dibs, I humbly request to Your Grace the possibility for the US NE chapter to utilize the beauty and elegance that is the historic high-crown visor for our chapter’s sheep logo.

Certus et Celer

2 Likes

Visor is all yours. Enjoy!

1 Like

Wahoo! Welcome. Our first Aussie member. I’ve been hoping we’d get an Australia chapter Open so fingers crossed we get a few more…

And you’d be more than welcome any time you’re over here. Looks like April for our first meet, though we’ve got a few casual games lined up too.

1 Like

Just a heads up for all yous lovely guys who might be interested in quality, CHEAP golf attire … Fairway and Greene is currently running 70% OFF their sale items. Great place for a holiday gift or three

1 Like

As the fellow members of my NE Chapter have already seen here is our chapter logo in its full elegance

5 Likes

It’s a thing of wondrous beauty. Intimidating. Powerful. Yet subtle.

1 Like

To whom it may concern,

For those of you active on instagram, they were kind enough to let this lot have our own handle.

https://www.instagram.com/certusetceler/

As you can see we’ve got no following or anything to post BUT WE’VE GOT THE HANDLE!

If your chapters are doing anything worthy of notice, go ahead and send it to RACDGSocial@gmail.com.

Also, if anyone has any experience growing a social media following or managing social media in general, advice would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I’m going to see what all the millennials* on youtube have to say about growing a following.

*I am of said generation…

8 Likes

Subtle like the flavor of Haggis spread on your morning toast.

1 Like

Arguably the two most important logistical aspects to maintain …

1.) Posting as consistently as possible (preferably daily)
2.) Posting at a consistently high-traffic time (usually during standard commuting hours)

Obviously quality of content plays a big role, as well.

1 Like

Yikes…

3 Likes

If we’re going to have a secondary chapter should we also list ourselves in the Google Doc under the secondary chapter? I don’t wanna add a duplicate line to mess up the count.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Any ideas on how their sizing runs?