The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

My wife plays, so I’m hoping when I break it to her, she’ll at least want to participate sometimes.

Your wife plays? My condolences.

Important to note that women are most definitely allowed in this current sausage fest. Does she want to be our first female member?

1 Like

I laugh…but nervously knowing this conversation will need to take place with my wife soon enough

I’ve been with my long suffering wife for 12 years. It’ll go like this:

Me: Babe, I’ve accidentally started a global golf society and it’ll probably occupy all my time for the next ten years.

Her: Whatever… Wait, does that mean you’ll occasionally fuck off and give me some peace for a weekend?

Me: Yes. Probably quite a lot.

Her: Oh thank God. Have fun.

13 Likes

Her work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday. Which pretty much destroys weekends, but frees me up to play Saturday.

1 Like

10 Likes

@clayreierson glorious. That’s the ticket

1 Like

Embroidered in white on a light blue polo, size XL? I’ll take two.

1 Like

I had the conversation. (This is so much easier for me because she plays.):

Me: So, there’s a new golf society some of us are starting up. It’s worldwide.

Wife: You were always good at finding those. Like (when you found) Golf Links. How many people in Florida?

Me: Oh, right now? 3. We’re still growing.

Wife: …

Me: I’m gonna end up talking to Greg, and Alfy, and all my guys.

Wife: Also JJ. He could get you guys on where he’s assistant pro.

Me: Yeah. Well, I’ll see him next month.

Wife: Are they gonna need you to build a website?

Me: That’s being worked out. Probably.

Wife: Of course. So it’s just going to be me around here? How often?

Me: Also being worked out. Not often to start. We’re still building membership.

Wife: And I get to play eventually?

Me: Yeah, you’ve been invited. When you can get free Saturdays, it’ll be a lot easier.

Wife: OK.

5 Likes

perfect and subtle.

Great job with that!

Simples.

And women are very much invited to be members. My wife doesn’t play, because we’d murder each other. But other wives certainly can.

:slight_smile:

The OCD in me can’t help but notice there needs to be a period after the G in R.&A.C.D.G.

Looks great though. I’d wear it.

1 Like

I said the same thing, but I got shushed down by @Chadvb. Shaping up to be a pretty loose crowd with regard to punctuation.

4 Likes

You didn’t even need to present her with a t-bone. Well done.

Wait, I’ve mixed it up again …

2 Likes

Your sage advice is rattling around in there somewhere. As it was, a chicken BLT did the trick.

1 Like

The irony of you seemingly having a very amicable and open-to-communication marriage WHILE ALSO having that avatar picture made me laugh very, very much.

1 Like

I am actually quite offended that dishonorable is spelled correctly, lets at least mess up an “i” before “e” mnemonic rule something of that nature, lots of opportunities for subtle but necessary grammatical errors.

If we don’t how can ever expect to gain the likes of Turncoat @Tron or those with an egregious nature. I am simply trying to increase our marketability!

2 Likes

I’m an enormous Stephen Root fan and you’re absolutely right, my missus is nothing like Gordon’s dragon lady bride in Dodgeball.

1 Like

I’m British so it is spelled wrong. It vexes me.