The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Happy to have you in the Northeast chapter. I will reach out to you via DM

1 Like

I love it. Once you guys get an idea in your heads, it’s unstoppable

Great Merciful Jesus I’m late. Delray Beach, FL, sirs.

2 Likes

Just outside of Baltimore so happy to join into either Mid-Atlantic or Northeast!

1 Like

My goodness, I ignore a thread for a couple days and look what happened! You all have really taken this an ran with it. I love the enthusiasm! Winston Salem, NC for now, but that will probably change in a couple years.

3 Likes

dublin, ireland

1 Like

@Fitzy we’re putting together a GB&I chapter for now. I’ll DM you…

Latin major here (which means I frequented my fair share of online sources and retained nothing): we could go with “durus” for firm and throw in a little bit of suggestive vocabulary from classic poetry.

2 Likes

I planned on going with durus but “certus et celer” was just too pure. Fully understand it isn’t the right type of firm but thought poetic license should be taken

2 Likes

Totally in on this. Tampa, FL

3 Likes

Seems to me like ‘certus’ (certain) edges closer to true, which I love.

yes exactly right. it means firm as if an agreement is firm and true

Do Golf Societies in general, given that there is a handicap chairman within the charter, qualify as an R&A/USGA unaffiliated club for the purposes of handicap?

In the UK, yes, they usually are. We will have to register with a Union (I’m going to register the GB&I chapter with the England Golf Union), but once they’re official they count. They’re not part of the CONGU system though.

Evening all.

I’ve just gone through the entire thread and made a Google Sheet document with everyone on it who has expressed an interest, plus the Chapters I assume they’d like to be in. I have also updated the original post at the top and included a link to this doc.

Can you please go to the original post, find the link to the doc in there, find yourself and populate it with any data that I don’t yet have.

We also need someone to step forward from each Chapter to be an Interim Captain. So far we only have me in the UK and @Craigstands for the NE. It won’t happen unless someone take the plunge and just pulls that Chapter together, so grab the bull by the horns etc.

57 people so far and healthy Chapters in GB&I, the US NE and both Midwest sections. Texas, Florida and the SW are growing too.

I also want to point out that for now we’re growing it with The Refuge, but you can invite people in you think would be a good fit who are not necessarily on here. Once you have a WhatsApp system in place and you’re up and running just crack on…

1 Like

Cool, can we edit the google doc?

That’s the plan.

But how do I do that?! Lol.

I think you click on "share " on the top right, get a shareable link and set permissions there

1 Like

Okay I think its done now…

I just added my info and it worked fine. Great stuff!

1 Like