The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Love the idea. Count me in

1 Like

Definitely interested as well!

1 Like

Awesome, can’t wait to put this on the resume!

1 Like

Excellent. More stickers for my laptop

2 Likes

I’m thinking an over the top logo / crest to do full justice to the pompous name… kinda like the Trump crest, only with less self regard.

5 Likes

Definitely interested. Great idea!

1 Like

Happy to get involved from the UK side :+1:

1 Like

In. Though it’s more dishonourable to use the yank spelling dishonorable; thus dishonourable is too honorable for our dishonorable group. So to truly be dishonourable we must be dishonorable.

(I just got off a marathon conference call and my brain is fried. Help.)

3 Likes

No, I think you’re onto something here…

1 Like

As a member of The Wretched & Prehistoric Golfing Society - I can attest to this type of thing enhancing the experience. My crew set up a Ryder Cup Style event under The W&P and the fake (i mean real) coverage on Twitter (https://twitter.com/thew_p) made the weekend 100x more fun. We played through 35 degree temperatures with heavy rain and wind and would have never even thought of going out to golf that weekend otherwise. The course we used was also super pumped about it.

We are planning to use this umbrella society for a few other scrambles that we do throughout the year and it’s a great way to keep everyone talking trash and dreaming of the next outing. It also has made us try to think of new ways to challenge each other throughout the year and hopefully will work out some sort of FedEx Cup system that we can use for a bigger year long competition.

4 Likes

:arrow_up: You see, it’s super fun!

1 Like

Can everyone maybe list where they live so we can get an idea of where we could get a society going…

I’m in London

St. Paul, Minnesota.

1 Like

I’m in Princeton, NJ

1 Like

Oklahoma City, OK

1 Like

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Connecticut

So here’s what I’m thinking, any member of any chapter is automatically a member of all chapters. You can also be a floating member if there is no chapter near you.

I’m looking at @Chadvb in Calgary here! I can’t imagine Alberta will have a big cohort but what you can do is look at other meets for other chapters and if you fancy one, go sign up for that.

You’re basically all members of the one society, with different sub groups organising days out within that. It also means you can do a trip to, say Florida in March and maybe hook up to a SE chapter meet while there. Or plan a trip to London around one we might have.

4 Likes

Long Island, New York

Love it!

Wisconsin