The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

Also, just to annoy everyone, we just played our second Shut comp over in GB&I to find our Champion Golfer of the Year. We held it at Royal North Devon and Saunton Golf Club (East Course) over the last two days. Weather wasn’t too wet but we had significant links wind.

Here are a couple of pics:

15 Likes

We ended in a tie over the two days and did a play off hole. The entire contingent walked the hole with the players. To say it was silly fun would be an under statement.

2 Likes

@The_Cad_Says And The Champion Golfer of the year is…?

Ben Lovejoy !

I’m not sure what Ben’s Refuge handle is. He may even be an organic growth member and not in here.

He’s a 16 handicap who went round 36 holes two over his handicap in extreme wind for two days. An unbelievable performance. He even held his nerve down 18 in the face of trembling hands and held onto a play off hole.

He wins The Charles Cup to hold for a year, £100 vouchers to spend in the pro shop, a big Toblerone and possession of a shitty old set of persimmons and blades he has a year to practice with because next year he has to use them to defend.

14 Likes

Congrats to Ben Lovejoy! Wow to have to defend next year with the persimmons and blades that would be atrue golfer of the year if he can repeat.

He better hop in the Year Of The Blade thread! Congrats!

2 Likes

NYC Chapter also had their Shut this weekend and handed out the Sheep to @waukamp89. Our pictures aren’t as dramatic as @The_Cad_Says and those spoiled GB&I crew but we did play a Raynor!

8 Likes

Guis,

I’ve been getting final orders and payments in from you all of the past couple of weeks. So it won’t be long until I actually order this gear and crack on.

It’s coming from a bunch of different suppliers both in the UK an US so it’ll be a bit complex and may take some time. Please be patient.

The first thing I need to do is get the ball markers ordered and each one needs to have 3 initials on it to personalise it. I have the initials from all of you but a few:

@therealmarkymark
@jtex1013
@Ihenders

If you know these guys or are in contact with them can you let them know please so I can get this processed asap.

Also, if you know anyone who may have ordered a few things who hasn’t been on the Refuge for a while, can you tell them. I haven’t had responses back from 18 people.

Similarly, I had an order from James Duran but his username doesn’t work any more? Anybody know him? Or was it another Eric Denver burner?!

Thanks

CAD

3 Likes

Sorry man; thought i did that

Initials should be TEX

1 Like

Merch is a-coming…

22 Likes

Finally getting caught up on this - have you started rallying the troops yet? And can we formally adopt @JScore and @anon3021505 and their chapter title (RACDG Frozen North) because it’s fucking sick?

2 Likes

I completely forgot about this.

Man, the Frozen North IS sick.

2 Likes

I added myself to the Gulf States a while ago but never posted here. Southeast as the secondary

What the hell does that make the Canadians? Glacial North? Ice Age chapter?

2 Likes

Amendment: RACDG US - Frozen North

The Toque of the Frozen North.

7 Likes

Cold

3 Likes

Sign me up in the Midwest! New Prague, MN

2 Likes

This seemed to be the most obvious place to put this. During the latest COVID lockdown in the UK, some of the RACDG GB&I guys have been getting together to record a podcast, and it’s going down a treat.

Sure, there will be some in-jokes, and stuff that may not make sense…but it’s early days and really it’s all for the laughs to keep spirits up.

After 5 episodes, it’s finally made it to some mainstream channels. We’d be delighted if anyone fancies giving it a listen, letting us know what you think and providing constructive feedback.

Have a listen!

It’s also on other podcast mediums, but I don’t have links for them. If you have Alexa in your house, it’s also available on TuneIn if you ask her to play The RACDG podcast nicely.

21 Likes

It’s really good but the Scottish guy is a twat

10 Likes