Completely agree. He seemed to getting at the portion of revenue coming in from non-members issue for nonprofit standing which came up in some other thread another time. Clearly not the issue here, though, since his club isn’t even a nonprofit.
It seems crazy to take 6 requests on the same day but I guess if you’re a member at a big club in a place like Orlando you get a lot of requests. Better to just knock them all out in one big push and earn yourself some TG credits.
He told me that there are two golf courses on the planet where he doesn’t have someone who can get him on - Augusta and Cyprus lol. He definitely loves being rich and connected, but he was well within the range of normal rich older golfer guy.
What’s your smash factor?
Faldo out. Caddie in.
Meh. The ANGC & Cyprus entry is the line in the sand for me. If you’ve played there, more than once, I’m impressed. If you haven’t, you’re just another schmo. I don’t care how much money you have.
You must have missed his comment that in 1990 he was asked to join Augusta and turned them down lol
I thought he was talking about Old Head.
lol either fibs or miscommunications galore… Hell, at least the drinks were strong at Old Mo lol
Okay, turning down membership at Augusta is perhaps the biggest dick move in golf. That’s information you keep to yourself on a golf course. What kind of a person would do such a thing?!
Your guy is full of shit then. lol
Old Head he got invited to join for $2500 and turned them down.
But also Augusta…
#PhilTheThrill lol
Okay this complete and total lie makes me like him even more now
There’s a lot of hate on here for poor Mr. OM Host.
I’m going to stand up for him. He’s 69, his best years are behind him, he is used to telling stories to the grandkids and young whipper snappers. He also redeemed himself with this story: “In 8th grade I signed up for the seminary… then I met Mary Lou”
You could either tell me he hosted you at an exclusive private club or was your fourth paired up at the city’s busiest course and I’d believe you.
Old Head didn’t open til 1997. So unless he was to be a first round angel investor then he’s full of shit!
Youre going to have to get him on here so we can have a proper go at him. Maybe his nephew the senator can do the typing for him.
#RoastMyHost
1.49 with the driver…clubhead speed in the dead of winter was only between 103-106…edited for extreme accuracy
I was about to say, I dont think i’ve ever hit 1.5. 1.48 and 1.49 a lot, but never 1.5
lol I think the story was “I signed up for the seminary and then I met Mary Lou… or was it Nancy?” (huge mischievous smile crosses his face while he takes a long swig of a good cab)