The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society. The Brits make a Podcast!

In. Added my info to the Google Doc and Map. Hello fellow Eastern Midwesterners!

2 Likes

Welcome AJ! :slight_smile:

This is pretty great. Thanks for setting this up. I’m now in on the Google Doc and Map, adding more members from Chicago.

1 Like

Welcome.

Admittedly it was a dumb time if the year to start as half the northern hemisphere is plums deep in snow soon. But, in my defence, it was more of a 'Hey wouldn’t this be cool … oh shit, this is actually a thing now! :flushed:" scenario than anything planned.

This is great! I recently posted about not having any golfing buddies and I was pointed in the direction of RACDG.

I did a search of this topic and the Google Doc and unfortunately it appears at this time I am the only person from Louisiana. I am trying to determine if it would be best for me to put myself down as South or South East.

1 Like

Don’t worry, we’re just getting started. I’m sure you won’t be the only LA member in a few months. :slight_smile:

Even if there aren’t many the good thing about in New Orleans is people always want to come here for vacation so it wouldn’t surprise me if there wasn’t a meetup here in the future.

1 Like

I’m already thinking TPC Louisiana…

It has no width or angles but probably the best after play fun in America!

I’m going to New Orleans in December. Bourbon street weekend and then leaving on a cruise from there!

I’ve played TPC Louisiana and honestly wasn’t super impressed. Yes it was fun to “Play where the pros play.”, but I’ve played much more fun rounds for quite a bit less greens fees.

If you do plan a NOLA meetup and want to look at a few different courses over the course of a weekend check out Audubon Park. I’m not a member of any golf course but I call it my home course. It’s a par 62 executive course in the heart of New Orleans where you can walk 18 for $20 in the afternoon.

2 Likes

I haven’t been on Bourbon St. since Mardi Gras 2017 and it’s all of 10 minutes from my house haha. Have fun while you’re here!

Think of it in terms of, if there was an outing in South/South East, could you make it?

South is going to have events in TX and nearby. SE is going to have events primarily in FL, GA, and AL.

Also, however, you can play in any section’s event. You may end up playing in multiple sections.

2 Likes

Subbed. Indianapolis here.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and the info!

1 Like

Just added myself to the sheet. In Houston Texas!

2 Likes

If anyone from the PNW wants to play I can get us free golf at the course I work at until they sell it. Got about 3-5 months left until its a done deal and now my friends don’t pay for golf. So lets bring it!!!

1 Like

I’m in the sheet, working on the map. This is great. I do a lot of travel for golf so hope to meet up with some of the other chapter members. Come on other SC guys!

2 Likes

Just added myself to the sheet. Tally ho gents!

1 Like

Google Docs blocked here at work, so I’ll have to jump on that later, but I love this concept.

Presumably I’ll be west coast. Phoenix, AZ

1 Like

First AZ member! Welcome.

It’s entirely up to yiubwhich chapter you go with but I think SW works best for now. If it grows there may be an AZ one all of its own. :slight_smile: