The Refusal of RobertHunter, esq

If Bill James has taught us anything, it’s to question counting stats. There’s no doubt @aannddyy00 is a volume shooter. He’s going to amass a huge stockpile of likes and other raw counting stats. But how are his ratios? Some of his critics are saying a guy with less than a 2:1 ratio of likes:replies will never be able to do the kind of large-scale coalition building we need right now.

2 Likes

Mr. @RobertHunter, esq has my full fledged support.

Also, shoutout to @BigtimePolecat and @xthrubyx for being my most liked and most liked by posters alongside our nominee.

5 Likes

Likes are cheap.

3 Likes

Here’s another one, my friend.

2 Likes

I never claimed to be expensive.

1 Like

From one Blinn Buccaneer to another, I fully fledge my support to @RobertHunter, esq.

1 Like

@RobertHunter Are we going to pack the Court? I think measures need to be taken to undo the years of conservative judicial influence. (Just saying, I would accept a SCOTR appointment) I will get to work with my PAC feeling out the population’s reaction.

1 Like

3 Likes

Anything to pad the resume, after all

Sorry to say, there are no current openings on the court.

1 Like

5 Likes

I had a reply along the lines of “…not yet” typed up but I don’t want to be perceived as threatening anyone’s life, so I’ll defer to the packing plan instead.

1 Like

Early Report from the Team for the Consideration of the Initiation of the Formation of an Exploratory Committee:

Between inventing a golf-based tabletop RPG with a number of campaigns, watching a considerable volume of televised golf to chronicle the demise of golf cinematography in excruciating detail, getting in dumb arguments on The Refuge, recording music with the Refuge Collective, fixing up the putters than he has nowhere to use at the moment, working part-time for the NRO doing his actual job, learning the history of golf for trivia, learning French so he can find a wife on the fancy adult trip 2021, and trying to legitimately Get Good at golf, it is unclear whether @RobertHunter would have time to devote to a Refuge Presidency. However, it is equally unclear whether serving as Refuge President would actually require any time commitment at all.

17 Likes

I suspect less time than you spent guzzling booze and attempting to justify your Johnny-come-lately LFC fandom last night.

Don’t let the people down. This is a movement, or something.

You’d need to save some PTO for the NIT. Beyond that, you’d make the decision, assign a number, and roll the die… and choose the outcome I guess… kinda…

3 Likes

Early polling suggests that voters are responding well to what might have been the Golden Age of Political Posters

2 Likes

Hey @RobertHunter

I found that link you were asking me about. Good luck buddy. You can do it!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/removing-stabilisers-from-a-childs-bike.100492/

3 Likes

I believe that all political disputes need to be solved with a duel. Winner will then be named NLU president and have one musical written about them.

2 Likes

Sign me up to watch that! We could have a bracket, like in The Quick and the Dead

Note: Maybe only use tasers in place of bullets?

I was thinking something a little less violent like a golf tournament between the candidates. Make it even more Hamilton esque you have it on the banks of the Hudson River at Liberty National.

2 Likes