The Refuge Wine Thread

French grenache blend with great value. Would buy multiple bottles of found again

4 Likes

This stuff is so good, well done

Oh HELL YES

2 Likes

Coming up on the 1-year anniversary and still haven’t taken a honeymoon for a variety of reasons so we are committing to a mini-moon this year in Napa. Plenty of recommendations above, but what are some places/experiences/hotels to avoid?

1 Like

I would say avoid going to just the big name places you can buy in Chicago, I think it’s okay to do a couple of them but the experience and service I’ve had has been much better at local wineries that don’t distribute much outside of Napa

3 Likes

Pre- and early-pandemic, while living in death virus central (NYC), I splurged on a few older or higher end bottles.

Shortly thereafter, we decamped New York to ride things out.

In a few weeks, we head back to Brooklyn.

Fuck it, we’re having a night.

16 Likes

Love it. Enjoy sir! I’m in NYC in January so perhaps I can buy you a glass of wine or two.

2 Likes

Enjoy!! Brooklyn is hanging in there, Tavel wine over here tonight

5 Likes

I went to Gramona not too far from Barcelona while there this spring. The wine was incredible and the cava caves were an amazing experience.

My barcelona rec is try to get a reservation at Cinc Sentits. Best meal of my life. Lunch is the cheat code.

Quimet and Quimet is a fun experience too for pintxos.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Absolutely let’s do it!

2 Likes

Pouring out a glass of something I’m too lazy to walk upstairs and take a picture of in your honor tonight, sir.

2 Likes

Cheers!

1 Like

Love this…no one ever seems to be coming to Milwaukee to buy me a glass though…

5 Likes

We out here. Week of wine to follow

14 Likes

Play by play?

1 Like

So far the most exciting thing has been eating grapes walking around my in laws house. Not as easy to wine taste with a 2 month old as previously

St supery Sunday, the vineyardist and Seven Apart Monday. Others TBD. This is the mediocre to quality wines had at the house so far

7 Likes

Since you are on the Napa side, highly recommend visiting Chappellet if you haven’t before. Great people and terrific wines. It’s a longtime favorite of ours.

1 Like

Big evening. I’m gonna feel like shit tomorrow

14 Likes

Confirmed

18 Likes

How is Frank Family nowadays? Visited there many years ago and enjoyed their Zin, Cab and Chard. Don’t think they made a Pinot at that point. If I remember correctly, they had a bunch of old Hollywood photos in the hallway of kind of a makeshift tasting room.

1 Like