Over the next 2 weeks members of the TGC Refuge Postponed Tour will take part in our first ever Ryder Cup Event (PS4 only). Two teams of 8 have been assembled and will compete in 5 rounds of match play with 24 points available.
Round 1 - Team Best Ball
Round 2 - Team Alternate Shot
Round 3 - Team Best Ball
Round 4 - Team Alternate Shot
Round 5 - Singles
Teams were assembled based on current refuge tour flights (luckily it balanced out perfectly) and will be announced in the following posts.
- Captains will select pairings on a match by match basis (similar to President’s Cup). We will use snake draft method to keep it fair.
- Matches will need to be completed by a certain date. Rounds 1/2 and 3/4 will each have 5 day windows to complete. Round 5 will have a 3 day window.
- Teams will schedule time to run the matches live on PS4 and will post the result and scores in the google sheet upon completion.
- Conditions for the courses will be determined prior to the events and whoever sets up the matches will be responsible for matching those conditions for the course.
- Should the event end in a 12-12 tie, the captains will each select two from their team to compete in an 18 hole alternate shot tie-breaker.
I expect we can do this on some sort of frequency with the previous winners retaining the cup and the host teams picking the course and conditions for the next event.
Team announcements coming next…