The (Refuge) President’s (not Presidents) Cup

Of course, and a perfectly understandable position. I for one appreciate your candor. The electorate will obviously decide whether it’s important to have a President that will commit to hosting an event. Perhaps you’re more of a John Adams.

2 Likes

As an aside, I am constantly being driven batshit crazy by all things SEO and so a cart with @NanerMan is probably better for me. I’ll bring the mushrooms.

3 Likes

@NanerMan will definitely be walking. The gui has endless energy.

He’s the Ernie Banks of walking golfers.

3 Likes

@bagger could have easily shot 72 first look at TR, but he got beat by the architect. That place is amazing.

2 Likes

Playing it a lot recently had only increased my awe of the place. Moving the pin position and or tee box completely changes the hole, particularly on the par 3s.

3 Likes

Mister @desertduffer I accept your challenge, on the proviso that the world has not ended and I can travel the 5,000 miles from my castle in Sherwood to the Great North Woods in one of those new fangled flying machines.

Can I also request that the duly elected President is ineligible for the Presidents Cup and it instead be played amongst the losers, the lowest score on the day taking the title, wherever they may be. The President is then required, by law, to record a personal message of congratulations.

We could even call it The Non Presidents Cup.

2 Likes

I think it makes sense that the sitting President set up the format for the award as he sees fit. But I would personally support a bar against that President winning the Cup. He or she should present it.

Whatever the competition format, it should be on a net basis, or else the High Cap Rebellion will be long and bloody.

1 Like

TartElegantAllensbigearedbat-size_restricted

5 Likes

20 years ago, I was That Gui. However, DBD might be a more Fungui at this point

2 Likes

Just swinging by the let everyone know that if this is gonna be some type of challenge where the best at building consensus around and organizing a golf meetup/trip wins, everyone can just line up to take 2nd place to @Double_Bogey_Dave.

Like, everyone else in Stephen Ames territory…

2 Likes

Good Lord, I hope not. I believe @Lazstradamus’s policy on these things is the gold standard: “line people up and tell them what to do.”

3 Likes

The Prime Minister’s Goblet.

1 Like

We lived through this and I agree 100% that Refugees must be told what to do. Fake it 'til you make it…

2 Likes

Since this is an election situation, it’s important to note he (@Double_Bogey_Dave) did NOT inhale.

2 Likes

You mean since this morning?

3 Likes

I fan be firm when needed. As @Are_you_double_D mentioned I’ve led dozens of golf trips.

I like to get a read of the room before making the decision. I’m not indecisive on that front, I do prefer to have buy in from at least some of the coalition.

This is an elected position, not a dictatorship.

1 Like

It also ain’t foreign policy; it’s a golf event.

The people don’t get a vote on the wine served at a State Dinner, knowhutimsayin?

1 Like

While I appreciate the sentiment, I clearly did inhale. I mean I’ve driven almost 1,000 miles to go to a Phish show.

2 Likes

I can vouch for this, TBH. If there’s one thing I know about @Double_Bogey_Dave (and literally, I know like one thing - I have not yet had the good fortune to meet the man in person) he is incessantly organizing gatherings for the golf sickos in the NC area. Difficult to match his enthusiasm to get guise together and his general joie-de-vivre.

Viva El Guapo!

2 Likes