The Refuge Feedback Thread

I’m fairly positive there are a few extensions that could actually do this for any site you visit. That way, you never have to see the words “Who’s to say?” and “Listen, for sure/Listen, fer sure” again

1 Like

At least we know who the cops are now.

8 Likes

I will be making a full address in the near future on this subject and others.

First off, the vast majority of being a moderator is Topics created by new users. Most often these are instances where someone creates a topic that already exists. Rather than approving the post, the mod will send a message pointing them in the right direction. This is a much easier experience for a new user, and doesn’t create a situation where a bunch of people get up in arms over a duplicate topic.

Secondly, things flare up from time to time over heated subjects, and having a few people on the lookout to make the larger group aware of issues is a good thing so we can shut off EricDenver3 whenever he shows up, or just put a stop to behavior well over the line.

I have confidence in the judgment and integrity of the 3 moderators.

A panel of moderators was part of my platform, and I assure you I am working diligently to get other things accomplished. None of this is meant to detract from your experience on the Refuge. If it does, please reach out to me so we can discuss and address the issue.

1 Like

Also, I am in a meeting and trying to eat my lunch while I am typing. So I apologize for any shortness or snark if it’s taken that way.

how was this group of mods chosen?

Moderators missed this one: Random Golf Club/No Laying Up

3 Likes

Sorry that thread has real potential for greatness so it will continue.

2 Likes

So I think this begs the question: what defines a duplicate thread? Exact same topic or is there a overlap percentage threshold?

Do you “know it when you see it”?

1 Like

I have had personal interaction with all of them IRL or in Zooms, and feel they all have a good read on the Refuge and most importantly are level headed.

9 Likes

So simply an Executive Order without input from your constituents? You’re settling into the Imperial Presidency very nicely…

1 Like

It’s really a judgement call. Sometimes a thread is duplicate, so I’d refer someone to another thread. Sometimes it’s a new take on an existing subject that is unique enough to stand on its own.

Sometimes it slips through the cracks.

1 Like

For a board so obsessed with Trump and how he surrounds himself with cronies, the silence around @Double_Bogey_Dave arbitrarily assigning thought police, I mean moderators, to approve our actions is deafening…

3 Likes

The only actions we approve are for new/inexperienced posters.

The rest of you have free reign to post what you want.

Whosoever could have predicted this?

3 Likes

First they came for the new/inexperience posters…and I did not speak out
Next they came for all the EAL fans…and I did not speak out
Then they doxxed @ANTIFAldo…and I did not speak out
Finally they came for me…so I created a new burner account

14 Likes

While we have your ear, would it be possible to change the awful category names? Most of them make zero sense. I get that it’s cutesy, but they’re also confusing and useless.

As a UX person, I’d ask they’re labeled clearly (General golf discussion, but if cutesy is a requirement, here are some options I think better reflect the actual discussion in the categories:

Game Room (for now) > Clubhouse
Tournament Reps > Gallery
Bag Room > Gear Truck
Ranger Rick (this one is so bad please change it to literally anything else) > The Range

4 Likes

Obviously you didn’t read this magazine as a kid. Was one of my favorites when I was under 10.

There are plans in the works on a number of things, including a new user guide. Will take a look at the category names for sure. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

@McSchvantz

Hey - just a quick one. I have changed my email address, and have managed to update it on the Refuge, but the Store is getting a bit twisted and I can’t find an option to do it. Is there anyway it can be edited? Obviously need to ensure my Nest deets also managed to transfer to the new email.

Cheers in advance!

I’ll shoot you a DM!