The Rambling/Anything Thread

Nosey Woman Yesterday: “Are you raising a vegan puppy? Oh, that’s too bad. These two dogs are vegan. Look how happy they are.”

Response: “Look how happy they are? They’re afraid of Gingerbread! They’re the most mentally fragile dogs I’ve ever seen.”

No, if he speeds we send the gui to Japan where they kill millions and have been for centuries.

Unfortunately not feasable.

I have 12 carry over days from 2019 and I’m still going to be tight for all these events.

1 Like

We were discussing Idaho in another thread but put it on hold for NLU schedule

1 Like

new thread is up

1 Like

I’ve legitimately considered not re-upping at my club because there’s going to be so many Refuge MeetUps this year and the $ is better spent for those experiences.

1 Like

True I forgot you already put down deposits. I’ll do my best to make it work since I think everything else around those dates is still flexible.

Missing the Alumni-Guest at Taconic would be frustrating, though, but, I’ll see what i can do.

1 Like

God dammit. I am resigning myself to the fact that I am going to miss virtually any of these outside of driving distance that happen to line up with my every other weekend schedule of availability. Then I keep reminding myself I’m going to Scotland so I should shut the fuck up.
And then I am going to plan one for Tulsa 2021

2 Likes

Consider that if we are in full-blown WW3 there will be no events.

My Daily Downer. Sorry.

2 Likes

God I deal with this every time I take my dog to the park. It bugs the fucking shit out of me. I wanted a young puppy, and I wanted a newfoundland. Sue me. It’s literally the second question people ask after their name, and I can’t believe how fucking nosy it is. One girl literally asked “Did you adopt or shop?”. It’s only happened once but good god, all I could think to say is “well that’s a loaded question” and she actually stopped petting our dog, made a face like “did you honestly say that” and stormed off.

3 Likes

Not necessarily true.
https://www.usga.org/articles/2016/04/rules-throwback--wartime-rules.html

2 Likes

That’s my rational for paying for events rather than contributing the funds to retirement…

2 Likes

I’m actually in the same boat. Joining a club has been everything I ever thought it would be, but honestly if I left I could pay for like 4 more golf trips a year and still save several thousand dollars.

acceptable.

1 Like

Fuck those people. It’s going to boil over soon. I’m telling you.

I LOOKED at rescues, but hey, no thanks. Like, I get the “there are thousands of dogs in Los Angeles County that need a loving home” angle. Guess what? There are also thousands of people who have no home. Worry about them, asshole.

Plus…look at these aggressive dogs. No thanks.

I like you guise, but I’m sorry, I’m not leaving my club where I can play regularly 5 minutes from home to play a few road games per year.

2 Likes

Consider we might already be.

1 Like

Also, about time…

1 Like

giphy

6 Likes