The Rail @ Aiken Golf Club

Per Willcox website no rooms available for Fri and Sat night. I did not check for,just one night.

Letā€™s go!!

2 Likes

Seem to be some good air bnb options - - - some good stuff downtown, which as I remember is key to enjoying aiken.

Just signed up as well. Will break the news to the fiance in the near future.

3 Likes

Man, was thinking I was going to have to miss out on this one because I have so much more scheduledā€¦but 2.5 hrs from the houseā€¦may be a day trip.

@therealDJ thoguhts?

3 Likes

I believe this is the weekend we are on a family trip/ going to check out Fields

1 Like

I thought that was memorial weekend the previous weekend

the previous weekend to Aiken is Memorial Day weekend.

1 Like

Signed up, probably should have put ā€œtentativeā€ in there somewhere. Itā€™s hard to know for sure this far in advance, but itā€™s on the calendar and Iā€™ll confirm closer to event.

1 Like

Iā€™m out of my mind. 3 meet-ups in one month

3 Likes

I guess there are worse problems.

1 Like

I feel like South Carolina holds a special place in the NLU universe. Itā€™s where many of us learned of Wolf Hammer. Refugees (who gamble) should view this trip like a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. The land where the chosen sonā€™s (@Tron) wallet died so we could all live.

Also, Steve Spurrier, patron saint of the high crown visor, once coached at South Carolina. So letā€™s f%@king go, people.

7 Likes

As a life long Clemson fan Steve has a special place in my heart.

1. Always about the high visor
  2. He quit on his team mid season much akin to my golf swing at times right now
  3. Back when I was a golf pro 4 guys paid stupid money to play 18 hole scramble with him. A father son being 2 of those. Kid took a bunch of practice swings and HBC tees up behind him, hits and tells him to hurry on up. A man after my own heart.
6 Likes

HBC is easily my favorite coach of all time.Heā€™s a lot like my late father in many ways (both won the Heisman, for example. Lol.)

1 Like

A match between you and @gatorz7888 both dressed as HBC but with USC and UF colors, respectively

2 Likes

College Football misses him for sure. Iā€™d watch 3 hours of just him roasting teams/coaches vs. Gameday.

We had our game. Iā€™d love to partner with him but many many other Refugees to get to know that Iā€™ve not met yet.

2 Likes

Sounds like a man thatā€™s afraid of @gatorz7888, if you asked me.

1 Like

I very much enjoy Nos. 1 and 3. That middle one is still a bummer for this SC alumnus who grew up rooting for Spurrierā€™s Gators.

1 Like

I have friends that it will take decades to get
Over him leaving the way he did.

1 Like