The Rail @ Aiken Golf Club

Think your wife would be cool if you promised to make the college one?

Iā€™m all in ā€” signed up and on the calendar. Will be my first Refugee meetup.

7 Likes

Hell yeah! Excited to meet you!

4 Likes

Loooove this, I may even get to play golf with @Lazstradamus?!?

5 Likes

Count me in for the weekend. Iā€™m tied up Friday evening but will be around for a beer or two downtown that afternoon/later that night.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on the list. Fully prepared to have my game ready for a match with @Deven75.

(Probably will be way too hot to being the velvet though.)

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to do my best to swing this.

(So will @leric90, probably.)

4 Likes

Signed up! Looking forward to it!

4 Likes

Signed up & looking forward to it. Helped that I could sell it to my better half that ā€œAiken is super cute for a weekendā€. Did I just lie to her? Possibly. Will it be worth it? Absolutely.

6 Likes

Technically youā€™re not wrong.

1 Like

The Wilcox would go a long way towards convincing her.

1 Like

The Wilcox is very nice. A steal at $200/night!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to try for this, guise! Easy flight from Chicago. How are the accommodations in the area? Iā€™ll go ahead and sign up though, just in case I can make it.

3 Likes

If anyone needs help selling Aiken to their better halves for a weekend visit, inform them that we were selected as Southern Living magazineā€™s best small town in the South in 2018. That should cover it :joy:

1 Like

I just showed her The Wilcox and the information about being pet-friendly - could be onto a winner. Thanks mate!

3 Likes

The Carriage House Inn is another one of those charming, historic downtown hotels thatā€™s roughly 90 seconds away from AGC. Easy walk back from the bars, too. Iā€™ve never been in there, but I know itā€™s received plenty of high ratings.

I just looked at Airbnb and there are some nice looking places. Going to search a little more to see if I can find a decent sized place for anyone that wants to go in.

As mentioned a few boutique hotels and B&B and the usual commercials hotels.

6 Likes

Iā€™d probably be down for this as well, Saturday night.

2 Likes

:frowning: have a huge event that day

wow i signed up :slight_smile: super excited to be a part of this, will keep following as this develops

1 Like