The R4 Ball Fourball : Dornick Hills Aug 20th 2022

I think we’ll only have half of the Drunk New Dads, so @Kgilles5 is going to have to really bring it.

8 Likes

If you guis run out of alternates, let me know. I will happily find a way to sub in as an ex-OK expat.

1 Like

@OnlyOneAtababy and @clktex , you are IN.
Welcome!

1 Like

Can confirm @Kgilles5 has what it takes to pick up the multiple Drunk New Dads role…

5 Likes

As the next-up alternate, can you clarify the format and scoring for me?

“Low 2-man team awarded” - how are the two-man teams picked?
How is the horserace seeded / qualified for?
Quota / stroke / etc during the AM round?

1 Like

Fourball!

Killing me, smalls lol.

Do we pick our own 2-man teams? Scores Net, or playing quota? How are the horse race participants identified, or if it’s everyone playing, how is it scored? (feel free to tell me to RTFM if you can point me to it :)).

2 Likes

Also I just re-read this in your post from yesterday. Sounds like some of this detail is still in-flight, so I can be patient :).

1 Like

you’ll be paired up with someone. It will be net best ball.
Pairings TBD, you might see a DM in our Texhoma Roost Captains thread with Capt. Hook to see what y’all want to do for the Supercell v Texas game.

The horserace in the afternoon will be singles. Considering allowing buy-backs before a certain hole.

EDIT : a few folks have paid, thank you! Public callouts coming later today.

2 Likes

Defending horse race champ gets a two-hole bye as the top seed is what I heard.

4 Likes

#fakenews

How many played in the horserace last year? Did you just eliminate as many as you needed each hole to get down to only 2 players standing on the 18th hole?

1 Like

I think all 20 played. By about hole 6 or so, I think we decided you needed bogey or better to advance. It was won on the ninth hole when there were 4 remaining competitors. It was pretty informal, but it was very compelling nonetheless.

Also, you’re overthinking this.

2 Likes

There are 35 players registered! That horserace would be hilarious. I’m TOTALLY down for it, just curious.

3 Likes

To make it even better, if we go off 1, there will be an Easter egg hunt for 35 tee shots amongst the range balls to the right of the first hole. Don’t play anything yellow off the first tee!

7 Likes

Just a few weeks stand between us and The Ball.

The time has come for those unpaid, to pay.

@McRiddles @JCO @Goatbelly @ABR @clktex @SMcGavin1 @WhineyCracker52 @MagicLoogie

Tee times will start at 8am Sat. 20th. Will have some breakfast burritos, same as last year in the AM.
Pairings TBD.

2 Likes

@ThePopeofFairways @pineywoods @DanielM19 @mctrees02
(only 10 users in a post, denied!)

@OliveLoaf I can no longer make the event, so green light to whoever is next up

1 Like

@Jdonelson , your time has come!

3 Likes

message received. Give me a day or so to coordinate with the family.

5 Likes