Olympic Prolific (Tacoma, WA): May 14-16, 2021 - Fog, Sunburns, Presses, Beers, and Golden Chambers

The Olympic Prolific

Where:

Tacoma, WA (Hotel Location)
Dupont, WA (The Home Course)
University Place, WA (Chambers Bay)
Bremerton, WA (Gold Mountain)
Shelton, WA (Salish Cliffs)

——————————————————————————————

When:

May 13th-16th, 2021

Thursday:

(Additional round in the morning if there’s interest in flying in Wednesday night rather than Thursday morning)

• Tee times at The Home Course starting at 2pm

[Stay & Play Price (2020 rate): $499+tax….Based on double occupancy. Pricing does not guarantee availability]

• Welcome Dinner in Tacoma

• Stay at Hotel Murano in Tacoma

[Price included in Stay & Play package]

Friday:

• Tee times at Chambers Bay starting at 7am

• Complimentary replay if space available

• Dinner in Tacoma

• Stay at Hotel Murano in Tacoma

Saturday:

• Tee times at Gold Mountain starting at 8am

[Price: Included with Stay & Play package]

• Complimentary replay if space available

• Dinner in Bremerton and Drive to Salish Cliffs / Drive to Salish Cliffs and Dinner at Salish

• Stay the night at Salish Resort

[Stay & Play package: $TBD]

Sunday:

• Tee times at Salish Cliffs starting at 7am

https://golfadvisor.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/a800741/2147483647/strip/true/crop/897x579+1+0/resize/930x600!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgolfadvisor.brightspotcdn.com%2F07%2Ff2%2F3d67b2918c3530dd6b533d1f5ee2%2F97520.jpg

[Price included in Salish Stay & Play package]

• Final Lunch together. Depart.

….or stay longer for non-official rounds at places with the PNW RACDG!

Format:

The winner of the Olympic Prolific is the player that posts the highest combined net TILT scores from their TWO^ best scoring rounds.^^

^ Can only play Friday and Saturday… or Saturday and Sunday? You still play the minimum required rounds!

^^ If the space is available for the replay rounds, the replay rounds will not be counted. After grinding in the morning, the afternoon rounds will be to unwind, drink, and enjoy the time with friends.

Cost:

If you weren’t following along…

For first 2 nights, 3 rounds (2020 rate): $499+tax….Based on double occupancy. Pricing does not guarantee availability + Complimentary replay if space available.

For night and round at Salish: Stay & Play rate $TBD

Signup Sheet:

Obviously, this is a long way out, so I’m not expecting anyone to commit at this time, but there is an interested sheet tab and a committed sheet tab, so if you’re interested, throw your name down on that tab. The cutoff at the earliest would be New Year’s, but it’s highly likely it will be some time after that.

Cheers!

27 Likes

These pictures are unreal!

2 Likes

Hmmm that would be a fun and new experience for me.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t have any other plans in May 2021

3 Likes

Might try to get to the PGA Championship in May 2021. Wife and I have had that pencilled in for a couple years. See how things play out!

1 Like

Also this seems made for Mr. 20 Strokes @rabsie

1 Like

My sales pitch:

I’ve done the first 3 legs of this trip before, and couldn’t recommend it more. Firstly, the hotel is pretty centrally located for getting to all of these courses and couldn’t have been more accommodating in scheduling our tee times - both early rounds and replay rounds were scheduled to be most convenient for us before we arrived. We didn’t see a huge amount of the hotel as when you’re playing 6 rounds in 3 days theres not much time for anything that isn’t golf.

These courses really display some of the best (and most varied) golf the Sea-Tac area has to offer. The Home Course is the home of the PNW golf associations and is kept in fantastic shape (especially for the price). Its firm, fast, and wide open, and most greens (except you 12) are really interesting - they reject bad shots and cosy up great shots.

I don’t think I have to say much about chambers that isn’t in the Chambers threads [Chambers Bay, Chambers in June] except to say that it will be a really tough 36 hole day, but probably the most rewarding 36 hole day we play. It is a links style course running through giant wild dunes, with some now super pure greens.

Gold Mountain has two courses - the Jordan Spieth Shrine (Olympic) and the Cascade course. These courses are very PNW - tree-lined with giant evergreens - but are some of the finest examples of that style of golf we have. Olympic has really great elevation change with some very punishing greens (and honestly, a diabolical super - I think he hates golfers the way he sets up some of these pins).

I haven’t played Salish, but can’t wait to get out there with everyone on this trip!!

PS: All photos are from May, your weather mileage may vary.

4 Likes

Thats Mr. 18 Strokes to you now.

2 Likes

$500 for 3 rounds and 2 nights is a really great deal, considering that one of those rounds is Chambers. And you may be able to get a free replay at Chambers? Wow. Def interested.

1 Like

With the free replays, you end up with about $600 worth of golf + accomodation (and free breakfast!) for $500. It is a really good deal.

1 Like

and company: priceless

3 Likes

If it was just straight stableford, it would be more in his favor, but I have personally watched @rabsie Icarito with TILT.

1 Like

That’s the following week, so what’s your excuse now :wink:

TC made me very aware of those dates haha

GF has been wanting to get out to Seattle, sounds like next May is a good time to do it. Will be adding my name to the interested list for now.

2 Likes

#tracking

2 Likes

I did this exact trip without the Salish portion a couple years ago. It didn’t suck. #GetInvolved

1 Like

just updated mine to the committed side, it’s easy since I live here. I also put in that I could possibly host someone, will know when it gets closer. I also have an extra car so that can limit someone on renting a vehicle and will be able to have my wife drive if needed.

1 Like

@cqueen Just added another column to see interest in morning golf on Thursday to see if people want to fly in Wednesday night and play all Thursday, or fly in Thursday morning and start with the Thursday afternoon round.

For locals, the choice is easier, but there’s another column to fill in now right after you filled yours in haha

I am just here to say this looks gorgeous, well-priced and like a very cool under the radar golf trip location. Well done @MrVinegar206 and/or whoever else helped putting this together!

3 Likes

Very in.

You could have a damn good golf trip just staying on the Kitsap Peninsula. Gold Mountain, Trophy Lake, White Horse, McCormick Woods. Throw in Salish, Chambers, and Home Course nearby - not bad.

4 Likes