OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

Good news is you were one of the 4. So we will leave you as is for now. Thank you!

2 Likes

I, too, have some freedom to travel a bit on a Monday or Tuesday, in particular, to play the match. Meet in the middle is also welcome.

2 Likes

I think the person you’re currently matched with would definitely be able to make that work for the first round for sure. Things are shaking out.

2 Likes

Talked to @Jet1329 and I’m sure he’ll respond when he can but he’s in.

3 Likes

Awesome! I will confirm with @smithburger, but I think we’ve got a bracket ready to roll with Jet’s inclusion.

1 Like

:rotating_light: ELIMINATION BRACKET :rotating_light:

Here we go! This is where the true meat of THE Ohio State Match Play tournament gets underway. Where we separate the wheat from the chaff. Where golfers separate themselves from those who “play” golf.

We’re going to have some longer drives here and there in the first couple rounds this year. That’s just the way things shook out. But I’m really excited with how this bracket looks and I’m looking forward to crowning our eventual champion at Canterbury!

First Round Deadline will be June 11th

Match 1: @golf4miami vs @Creags - already have an agreement to play at Springfield CC two days before the US Open qualifier there. I’m expecting a bloodbath.

Match 2: @Albatrossity vs @RyanNas

Match 3: @Natet00 vs @JDR9

Match 4: @auribe14 vs @tanderson

6 Likes

Match 5: @vsquared64 vs @nelso2jf

Match 6: @tmck14 vs @wrong_fairway

Match 7: @Collya vs @pjsutherland

Match 8: @BoomBaby812 vs @SpaceManSoup

5 Likes

Match 9: @Livi vs @smithburger

Match 10: @PlumbBobMillionaire vs @Twowaymiss

Match 11: @CorneliousPoon vs @jack67

Match 12: @nohio vs @skibum232

4 Likes

Match 13: @quicktempo vs @Tigerific90

Match 14: @UncleDrew vs @cussingmussel

Match 15: @JoshInCLE vs @MDM

Match 16: @waver82 vs @Jet1329

9 Likes

Is there a designated “home” contestant or do we just come up with what works best?

1 Like

First contestant is considered “home”, but really it’s just finding what can work the best for all involved.

2 Likes

:eyes:

8 Likes

We played it last week. I’d prefer to not consider what even firmer greens looks like. :joy:

6 Likes

I’m going in with very low expectations about the state of my game and looking forward to having my teeth kicked in by both the course and my competitor. I haven’t hit a ball for about 2 weeks at this point and I may not get to practice beforehand.

Should be a great lesson in humility and give me a greater appreciation for when I watch the qualifier there two days later.

2 Likes

Hey, scared money don’t make money fellas!

Props to @golf4miami for suggesting it.

2 Likes

Truly

You-too GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

For being willing to accept.

2 Likes

Happy for the second chance against Nick, sorry for just replying now!

4 Likes

@Vsquared is going to be piiiiiissssed when I catch him in the playoffs. We were talking practice before, now it’s all on the table.

2 Likes

@nelso2jf It’s like if Bengals-Chiefs was a wild-card round game. Should definitely be the conference title game, but oh well, at least the matchup you want is happening

2 Likes

My elimination round match with @tanderson has been scheduled for Tuesday, June 6th at Indian Ridge in Oxford. 3:09 pm.

Should still be two spots open if anyone wants to join us for the spectacle.

1 Like