OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

Yeah that Erie contingent really came on strong after @rer145 signed up.

1 Like

Terre Haute!

1 Like

Is there an age requirement for the match play

1 Like

The lack of a Youngstown presence is kinda odd

3 Likes

Damn. I wish I could swing this, just for the possibility of getting to play Moraine.

1 Like

I would say Adult and older. If you are over 55 negotiate with your competitor on tees. Everyone here is pretty nice and respectful in person so I don’t see any issues with that being accommodated.

1 Like

A couple of the google images of Moraine that arean’t of wedding food make it look so crispy. Every transition is so sharp going to the next cut.

1 Like

not sure I would classify myself as an adult so I will be sadly sitting out

6 Likes

Yo, shoot us (me and @smithburger) a DM so we can see about working this out. I really don’t like the idea of limiting based on age, but we just want to make sure that we avoid certain circumstances that could get people in trouble. If that makes sense.

3 Likes

Upon further review:

Anyone under 21 who is thinking about signing up though just be aware that some clubs do have limits on age for their bar area so be careful when stepping inside the clubhouse. Also, be aware that should you play well enough you may be driving all over our great state to play matches.

1 Like

3 Likes

It is definitely my destiny to be eliminated from the match play event, by a 14 year old, who started playing golf 3 years ago.

12 Likes

this is awesome - super excited for this.

4 Likes

Glad to be in. New member this year in the Akron area. It won’t let me sign up from my phone but when I get to a computer I’ll fill out the sheet

6 Likes

Good Afternoon Everyone!

We’ve got exactly 11 spots left to fill before we start hitting the wait list.

1 Like

I would be interested in playing, probably the Findlay area since I live in NW Ohio. What do I do to sign up?

4 Likes

Right here!

2 Likes

I just signed up – another western PA entrant – Pittsburgh for me.

4 Likes

We’re now at 57 signed up and 55 paid!

Below is our current entrant map to give everyone an idea where we are at. If you’re within this window and questioning whether or not you should join up, do it!

5 Likes