OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

@Browcoww77 and I are set for our semi match. Gonna swing a home and home. Painesville CC 2:37 Tuesday and Brookledge GC 7:16 Wednesday.

7 Likes

Moraine looms….

9 Likes

Pro-tip to anyone who makes the final. DO NOT chunk a 6-iron off this tee. That’s not a play that will end well for you.

5 Likes

She’s looking fantastic

3 Likes

What is it? Like a sub-300 par 4?

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s about 280ish from the members tees, all downhill. My favorite par 4 ever.

3 Likes

Sick. As someone who couldn’t drive the green looks like my play would be to layup short of everything—looks like the flattest lie available.

2 Likes

It plays between 300-320 depending on the tees and day, effective less with elevation & typical wind.

Indeed, that’s the best play. However you’re left with this look…

5 Likes

That hole is AWESOME! Super uncomfortable wedge into the green. Good architecture

5 Likes

In a match that featured 2 players absolutely golfing their ball, I bested @BoomBaby812 1up on the 20th hole. Michael, thanks for making the drive up. Solid dude!

9 Likes

That makes it @UncleDrew vs @methridge for the SW side of the bracket semi-final.

Good luck guise!

Looks like the NW semi is going to be played this week, so if you guise could get it scheduled this upcoming weekend that would be ideal. If not, that’s fine as well. We have time to fit in a Finale.

2 Likes

I got off to a hot start being up by 5 holes after our first round at Painesville CC @jack67 battled back and refused to go away with several impressive up and down saves to keep himself in the match. Ultimately I was victorious closing him out 2 and 1 at Brookledge this morning.

11 Likes

CONGRATS @Browcoww77 for being the first to punch your ticket to the Match Play Finale at Moraine! Looks like you’re going to get your wish to play the course from the Blues like you told me.

Great playing @jack67. I hope you can join us in Dayton for a trip around Moraine as well if the date works out for you. Otherwise, I’ll reach out to you in order to ship you your semi-final winner swag.

10 Likes

@golf4miami @smithburger thanks for organizing / supporting this bracket. Lot of moving parts but loved seeing some new courses and playing some golf with 9 new people over the course of rounds. Pretty sweet summer.

Best of luck to @Browcoww77 in the championship!

@golf4miami will monitor the scheduling but I’m all in for Moraine if it works! I should have some flexibility.

10 Likes

Moraine fucks. It’s that simple. One of my top five I’ve ever played (I think)

7 Likes

It’s an incredible track. If you are lucky enough to get out there I highly recommend it. Won’t regret it.

(You = anybody, not jgolf who clearly has been lucky enough to play it)

1 Like

Nice run @jack67

You did the pod proud.

3 Likes

Checking in with @UncleDrew and @methridge. Have you guys been able to get together to schedule your match by chance?

1 Like

We are working on it now but the logistics do not make it easy. Aiming for Friday but still need to confirm.

2 Likes

Understood completely. Not trying to put undue pressure, just wanting to make sure it was in the works.

1 Like