OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

@smithburger - any chance you can update the bracket (if you haven’t already) and post the conformed matches in here?

I’m currently busy with house stuff and I’m going to be out at the US Open qualifying in Springfield today so I won’t be able to do it until way late.

1 Like

Of course.

1 Like

The bracket is updated. If anyone sees anything missed let me know. We are making good progress towards the next round. I know we have two matches that will be played a little late. We will make it work.

Once you know your next opponent you can play your next round early if you want. Totally up to you.

@WellingtonGolf vs @BoomBaby812
@UncleDrew vs @jgolf1
@cwb19 vs @Livi
@quicktempo vs @nohio

2 Likes

@smithburger and @golf4miami. I will not be able to meet the 19th deadline due to vacation (literally out of the country next two weekends and @Browcoww77 and @Rummygolf pushing back to the 8th. I will work with the winner and see if we can do Friday and i can just sneak out of work early if their schedule permits, but just letting you know it may be the lagging match. I should be able to sneak out the week of the 20th, especially if we are able to get it scheduled this week.

@Browcoww77 and @Rummygolf - good luck this week!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. If anyone involved in those matches has an issue let us know. A little lag won’t kill us.

1 Like

Thank you for the extra time! We have room for 2 at Deer Ridge in Mansfield at 3:30 if anyone wants to join us ($38)

1 Like

We had a great time playing with you as well, Andrew! A true class act and a lot of fun!

2 Likes

Myself and @nohio have our match set for Wednesday the 15th, at 4:10pm at Shawnee Hills. 2 more spots up for grabs if someone wants to have a nice evening walk and watch me sweat out 5 footers.

4 Likes

Won my match 5 and 4 at deer ridge. Have a spot Friday morning 7:20 at Manakiki if that works for our match. Otherwise we might have to coin flip? Or figure something out

2 Likes

Playing the North course at Firestone this Sunday at 4:45pm with @Livi for anyone interested in joining

1 Like

There is one 3 day stretch this summer where I can’t play golf…and it is tomorrow through Sunday. The sadness.

1 Like

@golf4miami @smithburger - looks like @Browcoww77 and I wont be in the same state until June 27th. We will try to get in the match right when he gets back.

Let me know if you have any reservations, but I can say for me that this wont be compounded past this.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be a problem. @cwb19 and @Livi, reaching out to you two here as well to see if you’ll be available at the end of June/Early July to face the winner of this match?

The other half of the Northern side of the bracket is also still waiting a bit for @ryan.palm and @jack67 to play so the winner can play @flanwilder. So, I don’t think it’s going to hurt us too much.

1 Like

Available 23,24,25 then I’m on vacation for a week But free again 3 and 4

Also as an update @Livi and I will be playing Saturday instead at 3:05 on the west course if anyone is interested let me know

4 Likes

I’m open the 25th and 26th but the two weekends after that I’m out of town. If the 25th/26th doesn’t work we can try to squeeze it in during the week.

2 Likes

Great round with @Moomba at Losantiville CC yesterday. We kept it tight on the front and traded the lead a few times until I got up and down on 9 for a 2up lead. The back was a different story. @Moomba played his ass off but his tee game was just a touch too wild for LCC. The course got the best of him while I strung a few holes together at the right time and his recovery window got smaller and smaller. Finished the match 3&2.

3 Likes

@dkoller vanquished @PrincipalKnows 4 & 3 today at Blue Ashe.

Looks like we are only waiting for one more match in this round.

4 Likes

Appreciate you hosting - was a pleasure to come up to Akron for the first time. Enjoyed playing the fazio course with a cool dude. I was able to win by 2 in what was a back and forth exciting round. Let’s do it again @cwb19

3 Likes

How is Blue Ash these days? Been forever since I have played it but it was good back then and I know Blue Ash itself is still doing well. I have to assume the course has come along with the city.

1 Like

Course is great nowadays, probably my favorite public track in the city outside of Stonelick. Conditioning is typically top notch too.

1 Like