The Midwest "Ope"-in August 20th & 21st, 2021: We're Getting The Band Back Together?

No excuse to ever not consider Michigan as part the midwest, shame on you. Sure you can say upper midwest but it’s still the midwest; a staple of the region in fact.

PS - Ohio is also part of the midwest. Will concede the so. Missouri call

1 Like

Michigan I will give you, the UP is kind of its own really cool thing cooler than being the midwest tbh. Idk, I don’t have much experience in either, but it just doesn’t feel as midwest-ish as saw Iowa, which oozes midwest

We went with the 4 states who were actively planning or had already hosted a matchplay event. That doesn’t mean you can’t put something together for Michigan and once planning starts for 2022 we can work that in. Getting the 4 states schedules to line up properly wasn’t exactly easy, either. The chairguis did what was necessary to keep the event moving forward with enough time for all to plan. The fact that we had to expand less than 24 hours in, says something was done right.

7 Likes

23 here. Write a check every month for rent. Of course had to google how to the first time.

We did a Chicago hot dog cart, many lives were saved and memories prevented from blacking out thanks to that decision

1 Like

Registration for our Minnesota feeder event into the Midwest “Ope”-in, the 2021 North Star Shootout, is now live. All refugees are welcome to attend!

2 Likes

Wanted to point out that we’ve had a withdrawal from the event (no idea who, but there’s now an open spot). @MackReiter…COME ON DOWN!

@delaney you’re on deck, so start clearing your calendar.

5 Likes

Aww yeah, up to #3 on the wait list.

Legal reasons preclude me from guaranteeing you’ll get a spot, but I would strongly urge you to look into sleeping accommodations. Maybe @JScore has a patch of dirt he hasn’t rented at the campsite that you could use?

3 Likes

Believe it or not, all dirt parcels are currently reserved and occupied. Subject to change, but the strapped boys can’t wait to connect with the Earth at Hattie Sherwood.

(Shout-out DJ the camp site manager.)

7 Likes

@delaney

You got my spot. I am ducking out.

Happy thanksgiving.

3 Likes

:cry:

2 Likes

All I need is a spot to park my sweet minivan with an air mattress in the back.

2 Likes

Yea, i am bummed too, but honestly that money is going to be needed for a house or a trip.

2 Likes

Anxiously waiting being in the hole…

@BaxterMSP just got word one my best friends is getting married this weekend, so I will have to bow out of this event. Sounds like @Delaney is in

2 Likes

Good Try

2 Likes

#refugeafterdark

2 Likes

Hate to lose ya man, but appreciate the heads up. @delaney and @shonseymp…come on down!

4 Likes

Is there an appetite for yardage books for this? A quick sample is below (Lawsonia #1)

I’d be happy to do them, if everyone would chip in to cover the cost of the paper / ink.

26 Likes