The Match II Preview - Pod? YT?

Not sure how freaked out I am about the apparent reality that they recorded The Match II preview pod and then did a separate take on the whole thing for a youtube vid. (or vice versa)

Getting a bit verklempt here. Do we really want to see how the sausage is made?

2 Likes

Believe they just recorded the podcast taping.

1 Like

Without having listened yet or watched the youtube piece I will prejudge and say I liked it and hated it

1 Like

I’m excited to check this out today. I Used to watch Norm MacDonalds video podcasts and video does add just a little extra to the conversation.

1 Like

I am mostly shook by the fact @djpie got a haircut. Miss the Bob Ross vibes.

Was this @justine’s handiwork?

4 Likes

I like having the video. This episode didn’t show up in my podcast feed though for some reason. I’m sure that the pod will be available everywhere and not exclusively video but for some reason this one didn’t come through to my app.

Definitely agree! Standalone podcast is available for me (Apple) though.

I enjoy being able to have the visual, it just helps to see facial expressions and gestures – no chance I’d switch to watching every pod this way, but here and there or a big pod…for sure

2 Likes

Was a bit surprised to see the YT video pop up in my RSS reader and see it was a podcast. Watched a few minutes but I have never gotten the point of watching a podcast.

Shoutout @iacas with Lowest Score Wins in the background of the youtube video.

2 Likes

A heads up that the youtube version does not include the interview with Jeff Neubarth

1 Like

I hadn’t even noticed it in the few minutes I watched the video (I prefer the podcast version, but the video is a nice change of pace too), and so it became a little game of Where’s Waldo when I watched it again.

Thank you for noticing!

1 Like

@Tron Please rescind your negative comments about our lord and savior Tom Brady

My wife and I got a little laugh that @Randy had what looked like an orange next to his phone and drink. I’m just disappointed that he didn’t start digging into that thing during the pod.

1 Like