The Keyboard Warrior Classic 10/22/22 Cincinnati

@methridge sorry for the late ask but is there still an open spot? A friend just showed late interest.

Still have spots!

I added him to the sheet and heā€™s paid you

1 Like

Anyone else live that #magnumlifestyle? Whatā€™s the policy on tow-behind beer carts?

2 Likes

Sunrise on Saturday is 7:55AM. I assume thatā€™ll be go time at Avon?

1 Like

Yes it looks like we will (finally) be able to start early, I will be talking to the staff to get a tentative start time but plan on being there early. Plan on being there around 7:30 for registration, coffee and beer.

Raffle Bump

Only two days left to buy your raffle tickets and the odds are exceptionally good right now- we currently have more items than ticket holders. This raffle is the only way you can procure this one of a kind piece donated by @FrequentFader. Shoutout @Greenthumb

Tickets can be purchased by donating here

$10 1 ticket
$25 3 tickets
$50 7 tickets
$100 15 tickets

7 Likes

Iā€™ll produce some pics when I get home, but the beer box Iā€™m donating will include beers from the following:

Modern Times (San Diego, CA)
De Garde Brewing (Tillamook, OR)
Jackie Oā€™s Brewing (Athens, OH)
Pips Meadery (Beach Park, IL)
Four Fires Meadery (Maumee, OH)

WILL INCLUDE MEMBERS-ONLY BOTTLES. (Pips rarely sells to the public, only has 200 members, no tap room, and is the most sought after beer/mead membership there is). Retail value alone will be $150-200.

For every 10 tickets sold, Iā€™ll add another beer to the box, too. Itā€™s a childrenā€™s hospital for gods sake.

Lastly, if something is included that you truly wonā€™t drink (sour beers/some adjunct flavor you canā€™t stand, whatever), Iā€™ll do my best to work with the winner to get you something more suitable to your tastes.

5 Likes

Modern Times slaps

Yes they do. And Iā€™m a member, with access to every beer they make except like 6 bottles a year that go to a super exclusive tier of the membership who are OG locals and people who spend $7500+ a year there

1 Like

Do we screen cap you our donation or something?

I can see the full list of donations and get a notification, so no need to send a screenshot.

1 Like

This is so good, @FrequentFader canā€™t decide if Iā€™ll choose it or not bc no one else in my basement will get the bit. But the joy it would bring may be worth it.

3 Likes

its even better when people dont understand what theyre looking at.

1 Like

Not able to make the classic, but would love to raise a glass for the kids.

2 Likes

Donation made!

1 Like

Wow, hang that in the Louvre, or my golf room. Incredible

5 Likes

Welcome to Cincy Weekā„¢. In just a few days, we get to meet and play golf instead of hiding behind avatars all day. So what will the week look like?

First off, it appears that we have been blessed by @OliveLoaf. Praise be.

Wednesday
Raffle will go live at 9pm and we will have a Zoom session for it. Winners will have 5 minutes to pick their prize and then be moved to the end. I will post updates on the Refuge as well. 76 tickets have been purchased so far, donā€™t forget to buy yours! Grab a drink and stop by, itā€™s always more fun to win in real time.

Friday
We have 6 tee times blocked at Glenview South/West (10965 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45246) beginning at 1pm, please make sure to get there with plenty of time to check in. We do still have spots if anyone else wants to join but please let me know by Wednesday so I can confirm the final headcount with the course. There will be an optional $10 quota game, cash or venmo.

A couple of groups will be going out at 9:30 to play all 27 and we have two spots if anyone else is interested.

Friday Night

We will go straight from Glenview to The Acres (9941 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45241) for food, drinks and last minute swing changes. They are reserving some space for us, including the trackman bay. If you are not playing at Glenview, plan to meet us there around 6.

Saturday
As I mentioned earlier, we are starting as early as possible. I am working with the staff to get a definitive start time but registration will start around 7:15 at Anon Fields (4081 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45229). We will have coffee from @gwcc, donuts and beer before the shotgun start. We will have match play between Team Schnitz and Team Schwaldo with no strokes- we are playing real golf. Plan on taking a cart, there are some rough green to tee transitions. Lunch at turn or after the round, just be ready for the showdown between @chill and @pushdraw at 1. After the duel we will have a derby and then do whatever you want. We will close the day with a CTP contest on 9 around 6pm.

We will meet at Madtree Brewing (3301 Madison Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209) for beer and pizza. Good chance it will be packed so we will have to throw some bows to lock down some tables.

Sunday

We have a block of tee times at The Vineyard (600 Nordyke Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45255) starting at 10 to close out the weekend. Again, please let me know ASAP if you can no longer play so I can give the course a good headcount by Wednesday.

Pairings are underway for all three days, keep an eye out for more updates.

9 Likes

For Friday I have @Zocco @jasona93 @twturner @chill @leric90 @CincyJCK @FrequentFader @eatonsb @Collya @Conley76 + Offline Sam.

Let me know if anything has changed.

4 Likes

Sunday I have @Badatgolf @swade @bored_6m @Zocco @jasona93 @twturner @holeout @chill @leric90 @CincyJCK

3 Likes