The John Deere Classic Thread

I’m certain someone from NLU will pen an appropriate tournament preview for the 5th major, but just in case let’s open the thread for pre-5th major hype.

Field is looking stellar per usual, highlighted by Heath Slocum in the 8th alternate spot.

It appears Steven Bowditch just crowd sourced a caddy from twitter:

The course - TPC Deere Run

"Designed by D.A. Weibring, TPC Deere Run is one of the best TPC stops of the year. The par-71 7,248 yard layout rewards all-around play and generally delivers excitement on its closing stretch. One hole to watch is the risk/reward short par four 14th. The 361-yard hole offers an eagle or birdie chance but can yield a high score with a wayward drive.

The 14th kicks off an exciting closing stretch of holes, which includes two brawny par 4’s (15&18), a short par 3 (16) and a reachable par 5 (17)." - @thefriedegg
http://www.friedegg.co/archives/2017-john-deere-preview?rq=deere%20run

Here is an autographed tee marker from PXG Troop Lance Corporal Zach Johson for sale online:

yeah not a lot of name power this year especially with Snedeker, and Berger backing out. A couple of years ago during the Olympics the field was weaker than normal and it seemed to hurt attendance. I would think without any big names in the field that attendance will be down again.

The tweet that got 17 year old Elias on Bowditch’s bag is gold. I don’t know how to link tweets, but it should be easy to find.

#ILoveAustralia

Pretty cool of Bowdo. Also love the self deprecating humor by him and as rough as it has to be for him to go out and play every week knowing you like are going to shoot a couple 76’s and go home (a la Smylie) he at least outwardly is still having fun

Pretty sad this is one of the only PGA footholds and stops in the midwest, given the abundance of pro level courses in MN, IL, WI, etc.

After the 2020 Ryder Cup at WS there isn’t any majors for at least a decade either.

pretty excited for the twitter sourcing of a caddy to take a predictable turn when the guys’ problematic tweets are discovered or it turns out to be a bot.

If ever there was a soft target for the Big Cat to ride off with one of those 4 W’s he needs to get the all time record…

so many 59 watches underway