The Highlander - 9/16-9/18 @ Northland CC Duluth MN (Pairings out today? Maybe?)

Lol, Duluth is south for me too! Hoping crossing the border is sorted out soon as this would be one of the few events that is drivable.

2 Likes

No border crossing for me, I just live in very northern Minnesota

3 Likes

Even better! I am in very southern Canada haha

1 Like

The 2021 season began today

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Folks, I am not trying to cross streams here, but why not consider spending even more time in the Frozen North and joining @anon3021505 and many more YOTB disciples at our house of worship in Fargo-Moorhead the weekend before The Highlander.

6 Likes

My favorite hole on the course

1 Like

There is so much good golf on the drive from Fargo to Duluth too

1 Like

This is what you will be looking at should you venture to NCC

19 Likes

What are some highlights? I make that drive 4-6x per year.

Detroit Lakes is great, with Wildflower, Detroit CC, and Forest Hills. Walker has Tianna and Longbow, both of which I’ve heard are very good too. If you go south a bit, Fifty Lakes/Brainerd area have all you could want. Go north to Grand Rapids maybe a half hour and you’ve got Pokegama and Eagle Ridge. I haven’t even mentioned the Giant’s Ridge courses yet, which are the best in the state and maybe an hour north of that route.

3 Likes

Brainerd golf is fine, but it’s way overpriced in the summer season. Just drive direct to Duluth and go play Northland

5 Likes

Agree, but September might be worth a shot though.

If I was going to play along that drive it’d be here. The topography is pretty cool and there are some quirky fun holes.

I was mainly thinking giants ridge. It’s definitely not on the route exactly but I was mainly thinking if people were driving from Fargo to Duluth between YOTB and the highlander it would be sweet to stop in brainerd or giants ridge for a few days in between.

Well, @munihack7 seems to think Giant’s Ridge - Quarry is a top 50 course in the country so you’ll get no argument from him

4 Likes

I have run into aerificaton issues in mid Sept at Giant’s Ridge. Be sure to check.

Just saw that the head pro at Northland was suddenly let go. That’s a pretty big change to make at the start of a season; hopefully the negative impacts for the club/course are kept to a minimum.

1 Like

Interesting. Doesn’t that Laz guy know him pretty well?

The membership director finally cross-checked all of the new national members with the TSA no-fly list.

6 Likes