The Biscuit Bash at Bryan Park (Greensboro, NC) - February 26, 2022 - Last Call for Merch 1/18!

giphy-1

3 Likes

Holly Ridge and Bryan Park have been contacted and even though I have not heard back yet I feel good that we can make those happen. As for Forest Oaks CC I am a little more cautious because they are semi-private and they normally do not have morning tee times for the public on weekends. So I came up with a backup plan: Tot Hill Farm, a Mike Stranz in Asheboro, NC. Still just 25 minutes from Holly Ridge but it feels like you are in a different world. Then I thought to myself “Tot Hill Farm would be so much fun and doesn’t get enough love so why not just make that the venue regardless.” The only problem with Tot Hill Farm is conditions have been a little bit of a dumpster fire out there in recent history but from my perspective, and I think others who have played it recently, conditions are much better this year and the course is something special, much like Tobacco Road. I also love Forest Oaks so I decided to extend the decision to you fine folks.

Tot Hill Farm

OR
Forest Oaks CC

Best Ball Venue?
  • I want to take haymakers from Stranz at Tot Hill Farm
  • I want some throwback GGO action at Forest Oaks CC

0 voters

Conditions would be the decider for me.

Overall FO would be in better shape but Tot Hill is 100% better than it was this time last year. I played a few weeks ago and it was good except for a few areas on their bent greens. The new management this year has definitely pushed it in the right direction so based on what they have done so far I think we could trust that it would be in decent shape.

1 Like

maybe not the week of, but if this gets planned out a couple months in advance i would think they could accomodate us

2 Likes

either way i look forward to twisting my shirt around my head just like a helicopter

6 Likes

How are teams decided in this thing?

Also, I vote the two teams are named:
Team C’mon
Team Raise Up

6 Likes

The goal is to use handicaps to determine the fairest teams so that we can hopefully have some drama on Sunday. Teams probably won’t come together until pretty close to the event so we can make sure everyone involved is going to be there.

1 Like

i had no clue Petey Pablo did 2 years fed time…last decade

1 Like

@MerchCzar will Monique, Rhonda, and Shanice make an appearance?

2 Likes

Would it be more fun for Neil to bring the wedges or for Petey Pablo to bring the real Monique, Rhonda, and Shanice?

3 Likes

(May I?)

7 Likes

theres no rhonda

1 Like

As noted in one of the series, only 1/3 actually appear in the song

Shamika, Kiesha, Tara (freek-a-leek)
Shonda, Sabrina, Crystal, Derhonda (freek-a-leek)
Lisa, Felicia, Tonisha, Shavon (freek-a-leek)
Monica, Monique, Christina, Yolonda

1 Like

i rewatched the TR TS epidose last night and the PP cameo was stellar…great use of funds by the pieman

2 Likes

Only if you are willing to take your shirt off, twist it ‘round yo’ hand and spin it like a helicopter. But otherwise yes

1 Like

I mean, I’ll do that.

3 Likes

@Are_you_double_D and I both knew Petey’s dad, Moses (so did everyone else who hung out in Greenville, NC back in the 90s). When asked if Petey Pablo was his son, Moses used to say “that’s what his mama tells me.”

6 Likes

why were you hanging out with a random 40 year old dude when you were in college?

1 Like

The question is why was a random 40 y/o dude hanging out with college kids.