THE Final Round 2022 (Archdale, NC): 2022, December 31 - 2022 Update Post 479

Dave…did you ever find any info about New Years at Pinehurst? Or do you have anyone I could call? I thought about calling the resort, but wasn’t sure if the front desk could help or what department to ask for. If I keep going on NLU trips without my family, they’re going to kill me. They want to join the fun too!! haha.

1 Like

I tried following the link to book a room & kept getting an error message, on both computer and tablet. Anyone used it recently without any issue?

2 Likes

@tdogg21 I’ve got an inquiry in, from what I can tell the NYE party at the resort appears adult oriented, but I have a question in.

@JamesHCard I reported the issue with the link. If you don’t want to wait for the link, just call the resort directly to book.

2 Likes

thanks DBD - I will bide my time.

1 Like

I’ve always thought that NYE is amateur hour for people who don’t regularly “go out”.

I feel like this group is anything but amateurs (outside of golf :joy:) and looking very forward to this one.

3 Likes

This feels like it’s gonna be a big night at the Pinecrest.

4 Likes

Just threw my name on the list. Looking forward to it boys👊🏼

1 Like

That room block link is dead.

They just block IPs from Indiana. For technical assistance, call 1-800-withit.

7 Likes

I have slept in the hallway of a hotel nicer than this one before, but that time I technically did have a room. I just didn’t make it all the way there.

3 Likes

“Room Keys and Reasonable Doubt” lol sounds like a Tom Waits album.

3 Likes

Wonder if I could sell the wife on going on a NYE golf trip?

3 Likes

Pinehurst is aware of the link not working at the moment, I’ll let you know when it’s working.

In the meantime you can call the resort directly at (844) 484-0154 and reference the No Laying Up Refuge event room block.

As an FYI the link only works for reserving rooms the night of the 30th, call for other nights. The rate is the same as for the 30th.

No word yet on being able to get the 30 day rule waived for #2, but am working on it.

5 Likes

rare 5,000x like. Nice work Dave.

1 Like

The NYE party isn’t kid friendly, it’s adult oriented. What I might suggest is looking for things to do in the area that are kid friendly, exactly what those things are, I don’t know.

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate you doing the work to find that out for me. I’m not surprised, but was hoping they had something kid friendly. But I want to be there, so I’ll figure out some way to make it work.

1 Like

I got reservations, the room rate as quoted is for the 30th, and the 31st and 1st have no stated rates yet. Julia in reservations states that there will be something about a “NYE package” that I might have to buy, and then the rate for 1-1-22 is unknown.

The NYE “likely” includes tickets to a concert (who is playing, she did not know) and maybe breakfast on 1-1-22. IF there’s no band, I’ll bring my setup and sing Prine songs in the lobby.

I love all of this. Can’t wait for this event. SOMEONE FIND ME A BANK TO RUN IN THE SANDHILLS.

5 Likes

Send me a DM and I’ll get you sorted.

Not sure how I somehow missed this until now - - - but damn I’m in. #3, a short hitting, wedge-sniping, middle-aged mudder’s dream…

2 Likes

Fireplace chippin’ gonna be lit.

2 Likes