The Eurozone - NLU's European Tour Blog

Watching this back 9 play today has been brutal. Rulings and dropped shots all over the place

This India course is honestly banana land.

Feel like everyone is Goose-style #ejecting this morning. Trying to eject - but because everyone else is also ejecting - not being able to eject properly.

Doak Zero. An absolute abomination. Perfect review Job!

Thanks to everyone for the great discussion about the Hero Indian Open this week. Twitter buzzed a little bit about the course and it was fun to engage.

I’ve been alluding in the past two Eurozone articles to my forthcoming Ryder Cup tracking updates. Since the Philippines Championship was mysteriously(?) cancelled this week, and there are no insular or opposite field events for the European Tour through the Masters, we’re going to devote probably the next two articles to Ryder Cup tracking.

Although it’s still relatively early in the season, the points begin hitting multipliers at many of the upcoming events, and the team picture is going to start rounding into form. My focus is going to be on introducing you to the Locks, Bubble Boys, and Dark Horses among potential Ryder Cup Team Europe rookies. It’s a wide cross-section of players, and the European team is SNEAKY deep.

I’ve had so much fun researching for this article over the past two weeks. I’m very pleased with how it is coming together and I hope you guys are ready for a deep dive. Looking at a likely Friday release this week.

Since I’m still working on an early draft, please let me know if there are certain topics, players, or concepts you want me to delve into.

Are you only going to look at Ryder Cup rookies? Curious to see how Bjorn addresses Thomas Pieters, considering his current form and previous Ryder Cup performance. He and McIlroy were an absolute menace two years ago.

The first part will necessarily have to address the veterans and rookie locks, so we can see how many potential spots we are dealing with. My focus for player profiling will be the rookies, as there are a lot of really interesting storylines. But I’ll be spending a little time early on addressing the points system (vastly different from USA), and how Bjorn is going to have to deal with Pieters and a possibly reserved pick for a French player.

Part II is going to get deeper into the potential bubble guys and dark horses among the rookies. Once we go deep in these early articles, my hope is that I’ll be able to do monthly or semi-monthly mini-updates as part of the regular column.

I suspect Alexander Levy gets a gig this Ryder Cup. Interested in your read there - and others fighting for a spot.

Levy and/or Dubuisson provide an interesting conundrum. I want to believe that there will be at least 1 Frenchman on the team if either of those guys are in the top 18-20 when it comes pick time. Of course, a win or 2 can take it out of Bjorn’s hands. Dub currently 14 and Levy 17 in points.

Added a post-publication author’s note for anyone getting triggered by Paul Casey not being included as a Veteran Lock at this point. Just be patient for Part II. I’ll explain in-depth why he’s #9 in my overall rankings, a virtual lock. There would be no point in doing the article if I locked in 11 guys in March with no room for craziness to happen once the multiplier events kick in!