The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2022, June 24-25

Just saw this, if you need something at the airport and are keen to play. Royal Woodbine is right down the street.

I’m not sure where to begin, but wow what an outstanding weekend. I have 800+ pictures to sort through, and it’s a delight going through them all. I had an absolute blast this weekend. It was awesome to see our event double in size from last year, and a joy being able to capture it on camera.

Massive, massive props to @cfrench for organizing and busting her ass off to make this an awesome event. I saw firsthand how much work went into getting this event ready, and it truly was an outstanding event. We raised $1813 $2058 for SickKids Cardiology.

Thanks to @Bladetheist for MCing the event and @tniloc for getting everything setup on Golf Genius. Congrats to newcomer Mackenzie for crushing her quota by 11 points.

The course was perfect, and played like a true links style course. Baked out, and firm and fast with thick but playable fescue throughout the course.

Special mention to @duncmitchell - you remain The Duck Club’s Ambassador of Vibe.

Thanks to @newballcoach for providing us with the memory of the weekend. With a large gallery watching on, he chunked a wedge into the front bunker, skulled the bunker shot over the green and left himself with a 30 yard chip down a severely sloped green. Many in attendance wondered if we were going to witness the dreaded 4 chip. To our delight he did not buckle to the pressure. With all eyes on him, he struck the purest chip. Landing softly, it trundled down the slope towards the flag, we watched with baited breath. Time froze as it approached the pin - and hit the stick and dropped into hole. The crowd erupted with thunderous applause and stormed the green. It was one of the coolest moments I’ve ever seen on the golf course. Truly the people’s champion.

Extra shoutout to those who made the long distance trek, it was great to meet you in person for the first time, and I’m so glad you could help make our event even better.

An amazing golf course and amazing weather help, but the event really was made by a group of outstanding people. I can’t put in to words just how much I enjoyed this event. Thanks to everybody who attended for proving that it really is about the friends you make along the way.

See you all next year.

12 Likes

Our donation has been upped to $2,058.00!

7 Likes

Excellent recap of the weekend and can’t wait to see more of the photos you grabbed! With the combination of course and company, you’d be hard-pressed finding a more fun weekend playing golf!

@sundaybag & @Tron we heard the shoutout on Friday’s Nest pod, and you should absolutely make it a priority to come up next year. We’ll hold you to it!

9 Likes

You know, for brevity’s sake, you probably could have edited that part out…

9 Likes

Tiger’s shot out the bunker at Glen Abby, Phil’s 6 iron though the trees at Augusta, Tom Watson’s chip in at Pebble…all the shots prior were recorded and witnessed, but it’s the greatness that lives on.

3 Likes

It set the stage for the triumphant finish though![quote=“newballcoach, post:185, topic:67972, full:true”]

You know, for brevity’s sake, you probably could have edited that part out…
[/quote]

I’m in line for a cab! Long fucking day kids

4 Likes

Is there a June nest pod out? Or was it on Trap Draw or something else

June pod dropped while we were all on the course on Friday

Google podcasts is letting me down right now. Thanks

1 Like

First, a MASSIVE thank you to everyone for taking the time to come out and play this weekend. It was an absolute pleasure to meet all of you and I can’t wait to do it again. Plans for next year are already well underway and it is shaping up to be a can’t-miss!

Final tally for funds raised on behalf of SickKids Cardiology is $2,058.00! Thank you everyone that donated, participated in the silent auction, gambled and played this weekend, you all had a part in that.

Individual Winners aka NIT Invitees to be finalized and announced soon.

But…
Congrats to Team Rob!
1st Place - Team Rob (99 points)
2nd Place - Team Mackenzie (66 points)
3rd Place - Team Brett (60 points)
4th Place - Team @cfrench (55 Points)

Finally, I want to thank our Tussle Advisory Board, but a massive extra thank you to @tniloc for being our Golf Genius genius. There are many hands that go into helping make this weekend what it is, so thank you!

And now I have a few requests!

If you can take a moment to fill in our feedback form based on this year’s Tussle, that would be great as it would only help us make our event even better. Some of the changes already planned include: no live draft (teams would be auto drafted) and ensuring we have an easier format close out day 2.
https://forms.gle/JdWsPEZvs9k4gGo99

I’d also ask that anyone that took photos or videos please send them to tussleattarandowah@gmail.com. Group chat is great, but it compresses the images quite a bit and we want to keep them as high resolution as possible to share with everyone.

Again, THANK YOU ALL for this weekend. It was so cool to see the group grow this year.

Block your calendar, The Tussle is running it back. Join us June 23-25, 2023. It will be bigger, badder and even duckier this time around.

9 Likes

I am very sorry to have missed this event

3 Likes

You were missed, Babe. Now we have dates locked a year out, we very much look forward to seeing you in ‘23!

2 Likes

I’m stoked to see who finds us on Google this year!

7 Likes

Did our own little mini tourn the same week with four golfers playing at five different courses June 20 to 24 in and around the GTA.
Are there 2023 dates yet?

3 Likes

June 23rd-25th are already blocked off with the course!

2 Likes

I am free then :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You’re booked now

5 Likes

For those who may have left the group chat… cough cough @Banjopete

All Tussle photos that made the cut have been edited and uploaded here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ckmcs2frLFUvnEB3A

5 Likes