The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2021, June 11-12

WHAT:

Friday, June 11 - 18 holes, bbq, and drink ticket.

Saturday, June 12 - 36 holes, hot dog lunch, steak dinner after golf, two drink tickets.

Complimentary range balls, closest to the pin, and longest drive competitions.

Cost: $197.75/person HST included.

Format TBD

WHERE

Tarandowah Golfers Club: https://tarandowah.ca

Registration: Ontario Refuge Event @ Tarandowah - June 11 and 12, 2021 - Google Sheets

If you’re interested and want more information/want to get involved in the planning, email me at:

ontariorefugeemeetup2021@gmail.com

10 Likes

CC: @Tron not sure who to talk to about possibly including it in the rotation for events that get NIT spots in 2021 (or how you guys are even planning for events to look), but should the border be open we’d love to have any of you guys up to explore SW Ontario golf.

2 Likes

Should me a note with deets once it’s official and we’ll make it happen!

5 Likes

If we’re looking at doing multiple rounds and want to change venues (or people want another place to play either day before or after) we should check out Otter Creek. Heard great things and it’s not far away.

4 Likes

Waaaaay in. Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

Depending on so many things - open borders being a big one… - we could easily organise some pre-and-post activities depending on where people might travel from.

Driving through Detroit? Our own Donny Ross muni is there. Flying through TO? Great! Tons of options on the way to Tarandowah. Up from NYS through Buffalo? Golf AND std risks in Niagara!

7 Likes

LFG

2 Likes

2 Likes

YESSSSS I am very very in.

3 Likes

As an aside, the refuge’s best margaritas might also be part of this event

3 Likes

I shot a message to the GM of Tarandowah last night to get some preliminary discussions going. Interest in this thread has been awesome and I think we’ll have some great ideas come to fruition!

5 Likes

NEW POLLS!

June was the overwhelming choice for the month we host it in, most people wanted it to be a two day event, and most wanted 3+ rounds.

What is everyone’s preferred weekend?

• June 4, 5, 6
  • June 11, 12, 13
  • June 18, 19, 20
  • June 25, 26, 27

0 voters

Preferred Days?

• Friday, Saturday
  • Saturday, Sunday

0 voters

Round Structure?

• 1 on Friday, 2 on Saturday
  • 2 on Friday, 1 on Saturday
  • 2 on Friday, 2 on Saturday
  • 1 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday
  • 2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday
  • 2 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday

0 voters

Preferred Games (choose up to 4)

• Foursomes
  • Fourball
  • Bingo, Bango, Bongo
  • Stroke play
  • Quota
  • 1 v 1 Matchplay
  • Vegas

0 voters

1 Like

I voted on dates just because, but at this point I’ll just book in whatever and make it work. I have less going on in terms of travel / family commitments etc so can be flexible.

4 Likes

I am so so in on this. Didn’t vote on a weekend because planning that far out is pointless but I’ll do whatever is needed to be there.

3 Likes

Votes in. Something to look forward to.

1 Like

Yeah, the ask for a weekend is because the owner of the course wants to nail down a weekend ASAP. We’ll get a sick deal on golf and food/bev if we can nail down a weekend sooner than later.

3 Likes

Roger that. I’ll let the folks who still somehow have their lives planned 8 months out determine that then.

2 Likes

It hasn’t been voted for yet, but I’m very glad we are avoiding fathers day weekend. Would make it tough for many of us. This is sick. I’m pumped and it’s so far away.

2 Likes

This was posted in the the Duck Club thread, but here’s some conceptual art to get the juices flowing in the name department.

6 Likes

If this isn’t the Duck Cup. What is even the point of this event, honestly

4 Likes

Ducks Fly Together

4 Likes