The Donnybrook v2 @ Pinehurst Resort 10/7-10/10 (REGISTRATION IS OPEN - info at post 31)

Much appreciated.

1 Like

You bought me a bourbon lemonade, my dude. This debt is paid.

4 Likes

Did I?

I donā€™t wanna see the bill of all the drinks I bought. :joy:

1 Like

Cheers to @LivingLagunaLoca, @JoeCostello, and @denamart88 for having me tag along in their group today at Tobacco Road. Also shoutout to @Commish @lbrowne96 @Stelske and @jgolf1 (I think (hope) I got all the tags right) for throwing darts just about every time we looked back to see approach shots.

Even though I wasnā€™t part of the Donnybrook festivities it was great to get out and meet some of the fine folks of the Refuge. Looking back I hope it wasnā€™t scummy or in poor taste for me to sign up for the adjacent golf since I was not a Donnybrook participant, was just thinking about that and last thing I want to have done is taken a spot away from someone who was in from out of town who was hoping to play some other courses. In any case, I immensely enjoyed the company today even though the spirit of Mike Strantz definitely had a laugh with us.

21 Likes

Thanks to everyone for a memorable week. One Iā€™ll never forget. Very fortunate :pray:

16 Likes

Seen exiting my flight from RDU to SLC.

Nobody loves Pinehurst as much as this guy does.

9 Likes

Or maybe a huge Jeff Gordon guy

8 Likes

Tough scene if he IS a big Pinehurst guy and got this before the #4 course rebranded itself with a new font.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for coming to the Donnybrook this year! It was another fun event, and we were able to dodge the spotty weather during both rounds. If you have any feedback for us, please feel free to message me and/or @Privatecollection. We want to continue improving this and all our events as we start thinking about the 2022 calendar.

Below is the final leaderboard. Apologies to @tdaly for the handicap mix up on day 1ā€¦Let the record show that he actually logged -18 final total.

12 Likes

SICK! The difference between 31st and T-28 means a lot to me

6 Likes

Proof that you can still have fun while playing shitty golf.

9 Likes

Cheers to everyone for an awesome weekend. Donā€™t think I could have asked for a better group of folks to go on my first golf trip with.

So many people to shout out I know I shouldnā€™t cause Iā€™ll miss someoneā€¦ The pins were pretty mean on No. 4, but we did as best as we could @denamart88 and @Commish. Still canā€™t recall a fairway Dennis missed, and Chris you might be the most chill laid back person Iā€™ve ever met. Are we sure you and Randy arenā€™t the same person? Iā€™ll walk No. 2 with you both anytime @cwalsh27 and @kstrahley, and try to bring some better game in the future haha.

@JoeCostello all I can say is I am very glad you didnā€™t wanna go to Cheetahs Saturday night cause I was BEAT TO HELL!

I could literally @ every single person in this group in some way, so if you feel I have disparaged you in anyway please send on the challenge so I can have an excuse for my next golf trip! :upside_down_face:

Thanks again for putting this all together @MerchCzar and @Privatecollection. It was a pleasure walking around No. 2 with you @Soly, those shots from the trees were aspirational. My only question for @Cody why werenā€™t you brought on sooner? It was very nice to speak with you over the weekend.

Looking forward to attending many more NLU events in the future.

15 Likes

My turn for thanks and shout-outs.

Firstly, to @MerchCzar and @Privatecollection for putting everything together. Pinehurst has a ton of hype, and I am glad I can now say it surpasses it. Everything was top notch all-around.

Starting off with a cool & casual Southern Pines round with @cbass and @needforspieth was perfect. Granted, cool & casual could be code for very casual with the slowest pace ever, but besides that, it was delightful. Plus we got to make it a solid sixsome with @BananaFade @drv4show and @Jeff_M.

Then came Pinehurst, and getting to watch @Cody go after #4 the morning after his Wild World of Golf win was a blast. Plus @kstrahley @lazyjk had their caddie Jordan recap all the food he ate that week over a stretch of 3 holes, which just makes the price of admission totally worth it. As for me, it was like the Days of Our Lives intro with how often I was in the sand. Cody/Joe, thank you for your patience.
Jamie, watching you birdie the 18th to close out the round was such a highlight for me. Well fucking done, my friend.

11 Likes

#2 had me nervous, and I played like it. But it was still a day I will never forget, walking around a course of such prestige and history. @tdogg21 stuck with tradition with his no gloves play, a move I highly respect. And watching him, Trey, and Tony tear up the course was so much fun.

And then closing with the Cradle, listening to all the money @HoselRocketeer was throwing around, and more importantly watching all the tee shots he was spraying around, was a WILD scene. And then a wild Gary Player showed up to the course to let us all know his thoughts of our shots on #3. Thank you for inviting him over, @KVV.
@denamart88 my heart still breaks for that missed putt on #5.
But I refused to let @Soly take all of our money during that match, even though I do regret not giving my shot on #8 a club twirl. Not that he stuck around to watch our putts since he was too busy pissing (thankfully this time not out in the open on the course) for the 6th time.

Lastly, those mashed potatoes at dinner were divine. Compliments to the chef.

Again, thank you all for one hell of a weekend, both on and off the golf course. Not that it mattered when Oklahoma scored the game-winning touchdown against Texas, since everyone heard me celebrate wherever they were.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll take that as a compliment! Right back at you! And yes - Iā€™ve often thought of myself as very similar to Big Randy.

3 Likes

And S/O to Bob!

Mr. Bob.

2 Likes

I am so glad you all had a blast! If you have any photos, please share! :blush:

4 Likes

shoutout @Cody for this one!

11 Likes

Iā€™m assuming this is new profile photo for every single one of your accounts.

5 Likes

I only have a golf-related burner Twitter account :joy:

2 Likes