THE DBL-DBL - Soule Park Golf Course Feb 23&24, 2024

Yeah a 20 degree swing down is no joke. Funny enough, I’m going about the same up.

4 Likes

I am hoping that we will be settled in NV by this time and can drive on over. (I know MrChickPhilA is not on the zooms but we are a package deal - esp if he’s driving :crazy_face:). Fingers crossed!

(he used to do trivia back in the day on the original Monday zooms way back in Covid times!)

5 Likes

I almost put him down myself but didn’t want to assume. Really hope you both can make it!

2 Likes

Def in for an airbnb with some of the group.

3 Likes

Weather aside. I’m going to fly in Wed evening and am looking to play somewhere Thursday. Any other early arrivers will be welcome.

Thinking Rustic? Maybe one of the LoCal hitters would have a better recommendation?

2 Likes

For the southwest flyers you might be able to get a flight into Santa Barbara airport and you could dodge LA traffic. @RyMo Rustic is a solid choice. Other options would be Los Robles Greens or Olivas Links if you’re up by Ventura on Thursday.

2 Likes

I’m planning on driving over early Thursday morning with the intention of playing golf in the afternoon.

2 Likes

You’re welcome to try to do that.

Just wanted to mention that I might have found a good option across the street from Soule Park in Ojai. To me, it would be an ideal place to set up shop. Limits driving and allows everyone to enjoy Ojai. Literally across the street. You wouldn’t even have to drive to the course.

4 Likes

how close is it to a Taco Bell

6 Likes

Or a 7-11?

2 Likes

Listen, did you see the invite? This is a classy event. Ojai doesn’t do chain shit. There is a Circle K just outside the city limits in Mira Monte if you need some Funyuns.

7 Likes

Time off submitted and already approved.

4 Likes

Got it. Classic BYOTB situation.

This aint my first rodeo pal.

3 Likes

I might not play and just sit behind the 3rd green and watch the short par 3 eject the fuck out everyone.

5 Likes

Ventura looks tempting for lodging

If that pin is middle right the carnage would be electric

1 Like

just let me know where to be

It is, and very doable. I am talking to someone right now at a hotel right next to the golf course. Rates are competitive with hotels down in Ventura. They have the rooms to accommodate most, if not all, participants, especially if people room together. Whatever anyone wants to do re: lodging is fine with me.

3 Likes

To the attendees. I will be using ChipO here.

A little worried about my inevitable 4 putt on #2

5 Likes

Leaning towards flying DFW to Santa Barbara and playing Sand Piper before driving to Ojai Thursday night.

2 Likes