The COVID-19 Thread - Day 7 of Social Distancing: The Race to 10k

Actually, you know what, I’m not done.

How can you discuss the effects and response to a global pandemic while tiptoeing around the fact that the leader of the nation that the world has traditionally looked to during moments of global crisis is on TV and twitter lying about the severity of the disease and our preparedness to combat it? And then having those lies streamed across the world by a network that exists for that explicit purpose, making people feel safe when they clearly are not.

Again, this is how people die.

11 Likes

For the love of God, would you people stop doing this all over The Refuge.
This is the type of shit that will eventually make this place unbearable. You all already locked one thread this month so far, trying for another?

There is a political thread, you are more than welcome have it out over there.

25 Likes

Before everyone mutes this thread… let’s play golf in May and hopefully not swap viruses :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh are we doing commercials?

Yo everybody. @JBors is running another ponzi scheme to collect refugee funds fun contest. Check it out.

5 Likes

Fully endorse this becoming a RC&ATPBWTFYW

(Refuge Commercials & Advertisements Thread Presented by Whatever the Fuck You Want)

1 Like

Well if we’re going to start spamming this thread. Join us in New Jersey (this will soon be updated to be a 2-day event)

3 Likes

Given that @HaveOuimet has a file on all of us from his “Secret Santa” campaign, I’m surprised he’s not been spamming us or sending out direct-mail pieces

1 Like

More like Secret Spamta

2 Likes

Just biding my time.

I did mail @ColoniusFunk two socks in two separate envelopes the other day on the sly.

4 Likes

I’d recommend BBC news for getting any reliable US news.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Back to Market advice!!

at what point would anyone consider a position in XOP? (OG ETF)

Back to regularly scheduled programming about COVID-19.
We have a trip planned to Bandon in early April…they sent a letter today about the precautions they are taking. Wonder if they’ve had cancellations?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t cancel a trip to Bandon even if it was during a zombie apocalypse.

17 Likes

I got emails from at least 2 airlines this morning describing their disinfection protocols in detail

4 Likes

It did dawn on me a couple days later that I never sent you my address… I dismissed it as Secret Santa related and not something more nefarious… which it clearly was… right? Ha. RIGHT?!?

Seriously tho, deece socks… The logos do look a little stretched out on my Mickle-calves.

2 Likes

I heard viruses hate heat and humidity, so this event will be a safe haven:

5 Likes

Oh, I 100% agree. Not a chance I will cancel that trip.

But, something prompted that email. I have another trip planned to San Jose in two weeks and have not heard a thing from the places we are visiting.

1 Like

I called them on Friday and they were essentially booked until Halloween so if they’ve seen cancellations … it’s recent.

I suspect this is just PR

1 Like

@paul, how relateable?

1 Like