The Costco Thread: Do You Even Garlic Bro?

Outsourcing to the collective knowledge of the ‘fuge on all things Costco. Specifically, looking for items here that may be off the radar but are particularly good value or delicious/useful/otherwise fantastic. No free ads, but a good place to share items.

For your consideration, I present two glorious pounds of Hannah Tzatziki Greek Yogurt Dip/Sauce. It’s all Greek to me, but this dip is bomb.

I’ve used it in salads, on gyros, and as a dip. Pairs well with pitas and naan. Has become a staple in our house as it takes up nearly half a shelf in the fridge.

What are your favorite Costco items?

4 Likes

I just miss samples

10 Likes

Prime ribeye caps mmmmmmmmmm.

10 Likes

I’m still trying to forgive them for axing their pretzel rolls. They were the critical component in my all-world grilled sliders.

2 Likes

Blows the shitty wholly guacamole singles out of the water.

9 Likes

Tremendous meat.

1 Like

5 Likes

Their croissants are fairly good as is, but if you feed them into an air fryer (a.k.a. Mini convection oven) in the morning, they become golden flakey morale on a plate.

3 Likes

This is the content I need. What kind of crossaints? Just their regular ones?

2 Likes

This is one of those products that generates so much waste bc of the product it self + the packaging.

I think it’s like 500 gallons of water to grow a few lbs of avocado. Now add in the plastic to make the container and seal, and you have a product that is SUPER convenient at the full expense of the planet. I’m fully discounting the transportation and supply chain costs, but you get the idea.

I buy wasteful stuff like this all the time and it bothers me that I know better, yet still do it.

This isn’t an attack on convenient avocado categories; I’m just using it as an example of how we can probably do better as a society if we know + admit the cost outweighs the benefit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this product has an extremely high profit margin for them and that people buy it in droves. I’ve bought it before. It tastes good.

I’m not an environmentalist, but the guilt continues to grow as we watch climate change accelerate.

7 Likes

Best place to get them.

imageService

Not cheap, but when you’re trying to do a Zoom meeting with your department and you have two wild Huskies wanting to “Get Involved” then you have to bring out the big guns.

11 Likes

Do they smell like a bull penis or is the scent tolerable? My husky loves bullys but some of the ones we’ve purchased absolutely reek.

1 Like

I don’t notice the smell as much as say, a fish skin stick.

1 Like

My wife has bottled water delivered by amazon. We live in Oregon where the tap water is fantastic. I feel so much shame every time I see that damn delivery being made.

5 Likes

The quality on these has gone so far downhill, but I’m a firm believer in the gloves. $20 for 4 cabretta gloves is hard to beat

7 Likes

Love the blueberry muffins but you gotta buy 2 of em. I can’t eat 12 of those delicious fuckers.

3 Likes

I am trying to come up with a witty response to this but you are very clearly correct.
It does taste good though and whatever size container of guacamole I have is how much guacamole I am going to eat so my waistline appreciates these individual serving sizes.

3 Likes

Just the regular ones. Grab a nice big jar of Bonne Maman four fruit preserves to go with it if you need a little something extra, but plain they are incredible. I do 5 min at 280 degrees in my air fryer to get them crispy and warmed through.

3 Likes

By entering this thread you’ve now spent $234.00. Thank you for visiting.

48 Likes

We just got the big jar of Bonne Maman at my Costco. I audibly gasped when I saw it. Very very exciting day for me.

I’m a weekly Costco visitor. With 3 kids, I’m stocking up on the essentials all the time…fruit, veggies, eggs, milk, diapers, etc.

I always stop by to browse the books. They have a great selection for kids. Paw Patrol activity pad saved my sanity at the beginning of Covid. Kindergarten prep workbook reassured me my daughter still knew the alphabet before school started last week.

4 Likes