The CLC Matchplay - Season 4: PODS are live... Get to playing those matches

Well shit. I told you my brain is a sieve! These things just fall right through the cracks :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Hello Friends - its your friendly neighborhood commish dropping in for some reminders / updates and to tease that ā€œgolf news is comingā€

First, as a reminder group stages are closing out 7/15. You can check out the scoring rules up above in post 481, but ā€œMatch not conducted in the timeframe = 1 point per competitorā€

When you have your matches please update the tracker here: 2022 CLC Matchplay Tracker - Google Sheets. Ideally each pod is doing a good job of self auditing, I will not be getting receipts on every match.

With that, please get your matches in. And if any groups close out in a tie for the spots we will determine on pod by pod basis. Ideally your head to head will be the tiebreak, but if not I also am down to let democracy reign and yā€™all can decide on a tiebreak. Iā€™m not here to micromanage.

As always reach out if you have questions. Now iā€™m gonna start tagging some pods in here for awareness.

Also, I want to recognize maybe 2 matches against each person in your pod was aggressive on top of all the other great events and roost stuff going on, so for that I apologize. Just wanted to make everyoneā€™s investment ā€œworth it.ā€

2 Likes

Pod 1: @Pope12 @MileHighTransplant @Avanh @AnOlGoatTrack @tdaly

Looks like yā€™all have 7/20 matched done. Shoutout Tim for the most matches and point leader.

1 Like

Pod 2: @Thesandman @wolfpack888 @wiscojenks @PowerFadez

4/12 matches down. I guess becoming a dad and creating sick member guest videos hurts the golf game @PowerFadez with 0 matches complete.

Pod 3: @bmasters @Deven75 @Shank-Ri-La @BushwoodCaddie

Looks like yā€™all never even made it into the trackerā€¦hopefully there has been a match or 2 played?

1 Like

Pod 4: @Jrams9207 @anon29849602 @Gonzo404 @Matterson10

3/12 matches in, but I saw the activity happening and know we have a couple undefeated folks in here.

Pod 5: @JoeCostello @AirMailWedges @JNorwoodFive @Cooperk11

First, Iā€™m pretty sure yā€™all play together all the time. Second we have a finalist from last year in here. But alas I am seeing no matches tracked, whats good?

4 Likes

Pod 6: @rkris YHM @BrooklynAJ @westerj12 @yungbunzz

Our defending champ @BrooklynAJ is 2-0-0 but has a couple weeks to get some matches in to make sure he gets out of the group stage. Congrats on this pod for being 9/20 matches in. Good golf in the sandhills helps.

Pod 7: @Cody @Fluff @e.cadwell57 @Harper

A big time crew here that I am pretty sure is deeper into their matches than the sheet would make it appear.

2 Likes

weā€™re looking to up these numbers next week. Going to get as many in as we can

1 Like

Pod 8: @LukeBoatright @stupidflanders @pe2

Am I reading this right? @LukeBoatright just holding it down strong at 2-0? He just wants to reach the finals so he can get back to cardigan golf weather.

Pod 9: @tigergolftraveler @dmmcgaha @BarnacleRob

A gentlemanly tie in the one match played?

Pod 10: @Smidler @JohnP @needforspieth

Our friends from the north with no matches played? HATE to see it.

3 Likes

Pod 11: @Taffy @DumpyFlow89 @Jeff_M @grizzly224 @ClarkGriswold

Yoooo this pod has got a solid amount of matches inā€¦ no surprise to seeing @grizzly224 crush it.

Pod 12: @BCates @Are_you_double_D @Blackngold35 @Bigdawg121 @Sleepy

Wow I can see why the matches may have stopped here because @BCates (a final 4 competitor from last year) and @Are_you_double_D are running away with it.

1 Like

Pod 13: @rhoward @RDUgolfer @Hawk @Fore20

This group feels like the most likely for a big ole 4 way standoff to decide a lot of stuff to end the season. Tight down the stretch.

Pod 14: @GWB15 @pluds26 @ATLtoRDU33 @jfkemmerer @cjnussbaum1219

Seems like @pluds26 is making sure matched get played and taking folks down in the process. He is ready to avenge that elite 8 exit last year.

3 Likes

Very tiiiight

1 Like

Pod 15: @turtle812 @dmcelhennon @NCLeft @andrew B @Chester.Copperpot

No other way to say it, this crew needs to get the matches in. I was even there to witness one of the 2 logged matches. Shoutout to Pine Hollow.

2 Likes

Pod 16: @CrucialTaunt @oldpatricksmith @Swing_hard_and_hope @Carmstrong32

To my guys in pod 16, lets get these last matches in so I donā€™t look bad. I have one scheduled with @Carmstrong32 for next week. Close it strong.

Pod 17: @Just-a-little-right @ColoniusFunk @Nsandila @spiders04

Way too good of a crew to only have one match logged. Letā€™s lock it up boys.

And now we wait for the golf newsā€¦ Cheers friends.

1 Like

Robby and Jimmy played last week. So weā€™re 1/3 of the way there!

3 Likes

We have been badā€¦

As far as I know, Deven and I kicked off our pod play on Sunday at Mimosa Hills. I defeated Deven 2&1. Do I need to create a Pod tracker for us or is that a Commish thing?

I know you are handy enough around a google sheet. You can copy my ā€œexampleā€ one and create it quick to suit your needs - 2022 CLC Matchplay Tracker - Google Sheets

Also love the quick flex on taking down the PRO!!!

1 Like

Based on my travel Iā€™ll only get the match Iā€™ve played against both guys in. Iā€™m gonna be tied for last at best soā€¦I tried :joy:

1 Like

Got another match scheduled for tomorrow at Finley vs @NCLeft!

1 Like

Weā€™re waiting for @JNorwoodFive to have a legit handicap that way @Cooperk11 quits dodging us.