The CLC Matchplay - Season 4: PODS are live... Get to playing those matches

I make one snide comment and I get put in the group with the fucking professional

12 Likes

Thatā€™ll learn ya

2 Likes

heck of a job putting all of this together @Swing_hard_and_hope

thank you for all of your work and this is going to be a wonderful competition

1 Like

Group J or Group of Death?

Iā€™ll be out of town from June 30-July 17 but then I can get going @stupidflanders @tylernichols91 and @FAB7115.

FYI, Fred and I are members at Holly Tree in Gvl, SC, so we will likely play there (even though he has a huge par 5 advantage). Any and all welcome there but Iā€™ll let yā€™all pick out the Charlotte places.

1 Like

What handicap is the professional playing off of?

1 Like

will travel to watch group L and Mā€¦ fireworks!

1 Like

Come one, come all!

Whatever it is, itā€™s not fair.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll play off whatever people want me toā€¦ havenā€™t touched my GHIN since turning pro

2 Likes

ā€œ+18 it isā€

4 Likes

maurice

4 Likes

Iā€™m out of town July 12 to 18 so no worries. I live in the Charleston area and work every weekend so I apologize in advance about the difficulty of getting matches scheduled. Not sure how I wound up in a CLT bracket but Iā€™ll make it work!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure of my Monday work status yet, but if not working, could be a possibility. Saturday afternoon and Sunday wouldnā€™t work for me. Friday afternoon before the Hootenanny could happen.

Maybe @Swing_hard_and_hope can help ya out, who knows? Weā€™ll get it worked out.

1 Like

This might be my fault.

@Swing_hard_and_hope we have 1 Charleston guy in ours. Iā€™m happy to switch since I can get to Gville easily.

Group H will get it rolling with @smallz0r joining me to play at Cabarrus CC this Sunday morning. @bmasters will be joining for the match as a third party player, possibly providing the CLC adjacent of Hitter Blanco to the match. Looking forward to getting destroyed on my home course.

5 Likes

I have no issue fully blaming @LukeBoatright for the mishap. But that being said he also brought us the quickest solution possible.

Updates to groups K and O

Group K
Lukeboatright
Tylernichols91
FAB7115
tigergolftraveler

Group O
EFreeCHS
MarkCaldwell
stupidflanders
BarnacleRob

3 Likes

Given that your group is not going to feel in a place to put one on you I will be glad to. Most recent handicap was +4.2, feels like a professional tax of an extra 2 strokes is fair and we should place you at a +6.2.

That being said I would love @LPondgolf opinion, if she wasnā€™t busy competing in a damn MAJOR this week. She knows what its like to step into the CLC competitions and clean up. She might be able to provide us the insight needed.

4 Likes

+18 had already been suggested and not protested.

6 Likes